• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    "If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"Bitch set me up." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"I am making this trip to Africa because Washington is an international city, just like Tokyo, Nigeria or Israel. As mayor, I am an international symbol. Can you deny that to Africa?" -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"People have criticized me because my security detail is larger than the president's. But you must ask yourself: are there more people who want to kill me than who want to kill the president? I can assure you there are." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"What right does Congress have to go around making laws just because they deem it necessary?" -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then? WOULD IT!?!" -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"I am a great mayor; I am an upstanding Christian man; I am an intelligent man; I am a deeply educated man; I am a humble man." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    One of the most crooked Politicians I’ve ever seen. Good bye.

Good freekin riddance!!! The Devil finally had mercy on us. Listened to a white commentator on the radio this morning praising him for rebuilding an area after the riots. Yeah, didn't you, me and the rest of the country pay the tab for all the crap that went down in the 60s.

Glad the MF SOB is gone...likely HIV I'd guess. He did more to take down the black race than an army could have accomplished. Rest in HELL, Marion!!!

Lew--Ranger63
    Unsafe, MD 20769

Last edited:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    "If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"Bitch set me up." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"I am making this trip to Africa because Washington is an international city, just like Tokyo, Nigeria or Israel. As mayor, I am an international symbol. Can you deny that to Africa?" -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"People have criticized me because my security detail is larger than the president's. But you must ask yourself: are there more people who want to kill me than who want to kill the president? I can assure you there are." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"What right does Congress have to go around making laws just because they deem it necessary?" -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then? WOULD IT!?!" -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"I am a great mayor; I am an upstanding Christian man; I am an intelligent man; I am a deeply educated man; I am a humble man." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

:lol: :lol: Gotta put that stuff on the FB page!

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    He was a politician, pure and simple, and remarkable only in that his foibles were made public. As much of an a$$clown as he was, he probably was well within the median range for criminality among his peer group.

Dont think so.
    Some politicians are drug addicts and drunkards, some politicians are corrupt to the bone, some politicians are philanderers and wife-beaters. Nobody managed to roll all the wrongs into such a nice messy package as the 'mayor for life'.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Statement from the Emperor:

Michelle and I were saddened to hear of the passing of Marion Barry. Marion was born a sharecropper's son, came of age during the Civil Rights movement, and became a fixture in D.C. politics for decades. As a leader with the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee, Marion helped advance the cause of civil rights for all. During his decades in elected office in D.C., he put in place historic programs to lift working people out of poverty, expand opportunity, and begin to make real the promise of home rule. Through a storied, at times tumultuous life and career, he earned the love and respect of countless Washingtonians, and Michelle and I extend our deepest sympathies to Marion's family, friends and constituents today.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Man, he was 78 years old.

So, what's all this stuff about drugs will kill you and lead to an early grave

78 is an early grave in todays world. If you plug his birthday into the social security life expectancy calculator, he should have had another 10 years.
    While life expectancy for african americans on average is about 10 years lower, after you take educational achievement and income out of the equation and look at the odds for someone who reached 65, the difference is much smaller (about a year). Barry had a masters degree and was wealthy, his life expectancy should not have been much different than that of any other man. Unfortunately he had the common combination of high blood pressure and diabetes that tends to be hard on heart and kidneys. His drug habit probably didn't help though. Without a live-donor transplant in 2009, he would have been history a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom