AR15 Geissele Reaction Rod Alternative @ Half Price.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Make sure you use jaws with teeth. It reduces the I.R. signature when it's all jagged up.;)

:thumbsup:

I can do that, you didn't see what I did to the original Savage barrel when I yanked that out of the rifle.

There's shark attack victims with less teeth marks... :o

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I have a Brownells tool, but it's too short to mill flats into...could use some 1/2" bar stock in the 1/2" end of the tool to secure it into the vice, but just a socket's worth depth of 1/2" rod holding a whole upper at the end of a vice scares me. I own a separate lower mag block, but it's not the best.
    I'm going to take my 308 Brownells tool over to the shop and mill flats. There is room, but not a lot. It has a couple inches of protrusion, not as nice as the RR I have for my AR15, but at half the price, I'll make it work fine. ;)

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Depends on wether you drive a F150 or Subaru.

Hey that's a low blow.:) My Subaru gets me thru anything my Jeep Cherokee did and with much better mileage. Anyway, I bought the Bev Block based on your recommendation. It will only be used for muzzle devices. I'm not skilled enough to do much more. With never undertake building an upper. Too many good inexpensive ones out there. BTW, that Bev Block was hard to find. OOS online. Stumbled on one at 2A.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Hey that's a low blow.:) My Subaru gets me thru anything my Jeep Cherokee did and with much better mileage. Anyway, I bought the Bev Block based on your recommendation. It will only be used for muzzle devices. I'm not skilled enough to do much more. With never undertake building an upper. Too many good inexpensive ones out there. BTW, that Bev Block was hard to find. OOS online. Stumbled on one at 2A.

I'm just messing with the sensitive Subaru owner. I didn't know you had one too :)

Your use for the BEV is perfect. I used mine for that purpose too. They are hard to find indeed.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Was agreeing, but you forgot the AK in the crapper thread! :D

Yes!

Edit: And the Gluten Intolerant thread!

Ahh, I had forgotten about the threads. :)

Senior moment my friend.

I can see why you're so revered here.

*Adds to list of Christmas .40SW ammo deliveries

I have no idea what you man by the first comment.

As far a .40 ammo, I'll give it away at an AR class for people who arrive late.

Docx

Aug 8, 2011
    Subaru ??

Old thread I know
    True story
    Professional race car driver and test driver for high end sports cars gave me advice
    Told him I was a "responder" and needed to be at work even if weather was terrible.
    I asked him what AWD I should get - the Audi Bmer etc. He interrupted and said "Subaru"
    Excuse me. I was incredulous
    He said. Don't believe me go drive all of them an decide which you prefer. THE SUBARU HAS BEEN DOING AWD A decade longer than the others.

I waited for 4 " of snow and did test drives. I could NOT get the back end to go out on the Subaru. It was more omfortable, handled quicker and 30 grand cheaper. Sold

Incidentally. I have pulled my 2003 V8 Loaded 4Runner out of the mud twice w my Outback Sedan

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Old thread I know
    True story
    Professional race car driver and test driver for high end sports cars gave me advice
    Told him I was a "responder" and needed to be at work even if weather was terrible.
    I asked him what AWD I should get - the Audi Bmer etc. He interrupted and said "Subaru"
    He said. Don't believe me go drive all of them an decide which you prefer. THE SUBARU HAS BEEN DOING AWD A decade longer than the others.

I waited for 4 " of snow and did test drives. I could NOT get the back end to go out on the Subaru. It was more omfortable, handled quicker and 30 grand cheaper. Sold

Incidentally. I have pulled my 2003 V8 Loaded 4Runner out of the mud twice w my Outback Sedan

Sorry for your loss.

kh333

MDS Supporter
    Apr 11, 2010
    My experience with Botach has been bad....I ordered a barrel from them and it took over three months to get it. I don't recommend Botach.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Old thread I know
    True story

Obviously that "pro" never had an education. Audi raced the Quattro in rallying a full decade before Subaru even developed a car to run in it. VW had a number of AWD vehicles they made for the Wehrmacht during WWII. There were a couple of truck companies whose AWD system date back to the 1930s and earlier (GM is one of them). And currently the Mitsubishi AWD system in the EVO is superior to the one in the Subaru STi because unlike the Subaru symmetric system that balances the traction between front and rear the Mitsubishi system is asymmetric and can balance front to rear and left to right. Subaru did not go to a similar system till the 2015 STi. On the other hand Audi is on generation 6 of the Quattro system and it is likely superior to any of the systems from Japan as none of the Japanese companies make an AWD supercar like the R8. Mazda also has some very good AWD systems in their vehicles as CR picked 2 of their vehicles in 2nd and 3rd place for best AWD system in SUV. I Have used my old Mazda MPV All-Sport 4WD mini-van to pull Jeeps out of snowbanks a few times. I have owned Subarus and they are nice vehicles and very capable. But currently I own an Audi S4 Quattro and there is no Subaru I would take in trade for it. I have been in races with Evos and Stis and they handle like pigs. The Corvette guys consider them overpowered moving roadblocks. Except when it rains.

if you put a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks on a Buick Le Sabre it will handle 4" of snow just fine. Tires make all the difference.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    While the Audi Quattro was raced and rallyed before Subaru, Subaru was making and selling AWD cars some 8 years before Audi.

Subaru and other smaller cars got heavily into rally after the rules changed and limited displacement to 2 liters turbocharged.

But if you really want to get around, get a REAL 4WD vehicle. Like a Jeep. I have been on construction sites with our old Cherokee, where the ONLY vehicle that did not get stuck was the Cherokee. One site, I did not get stuck, where some 6x6s did, and a backhoe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom