• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I find it hard for them to defend against an overwhelming change. They are dinosaurs, living in ancient times, thinking all the while how they are modern progressives. They are back-ass-ward dill holes and they must be gotten rid of. It's the morons they vote them in and believe guns aren't saving lives. I demand my right to carry!

And crime still went down in those states.

Boxtop

Sep 17, 2010
    Harford County
    OP, don't ever cut off your nose to spite your face. NPR has great programing on the weekends. Off he top of my head, This American Life, TED Radio and Radiolab are worth your time.

I second this.

There is often really informative programs on NPR that are not political in the least.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    from the article:

It's puzzling that so many Americans are choosing to arm themselves at a time when the FBI tells us violent crime and property crime have been falling dramatically for two decades.

Puzzling? Gee, Scooter, you think there might be a correlation? Ever heard of cause and effect?

Library Guy

Library Marksmanship Unit
    May 25, 2012
    It's puzzling that so many Americans are choosing to arm themselves at a time when the FBI tells us violent crime and property crime have been falling dramatically for two decades.

Crime goes up = we need gun control.

Crime goes down = You don't need a gun

Gun Control- It works for politicians, let it work for you!

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    OP, don't ever cut off your nose to spite your face. NPR has great programing on the weekends. Off he top of my head, This American Life, TED Radio and Radiolab are worth your time.

Also, know the enemy and know yourself and you will never lose in battle. ;-)

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    from the article:

Puzzling? Gee, Scooter, you think there might be a correlation? Ever heard of cause and effect?

I know of no studies that bear out causation in this example.

To me to it doesn't matter though. 2A is a core right that can neither be allowed nor disallowed because of statistics.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I know of no studies that bear out causation in this example.

To me to it doesn't matter though. 2A is a core right that can neither be allowed nor disallowed because of statistics.

Right on both points.

On All All Things Considered, this afternoon, they had interviews with permit holders that had actually used thier weapons. Pretty good, they just let the peoplw tell thier stories.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I find NPR to be self-righteous as hell at best and vomit-inducing at worst. Funny how I still tune-in, though? It's like I'm obligated to know how their smarmy, teary-eyed horseshit agenda evolves (devolves?) on a daily basis, almost serving as a barometer for how much ammo I should be hoarding at any given time. Otherwise, it's tabloid journalism for people who consider themselves intellectuals. Makes Faux News look unbiased.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Right on both points.

On All All Things Considered, this afternoon, they had interviews with permit holders that had actually used thier weapons. Pretty good, they just let the peoplw tell thier stories.

I did hear that. Pretty nice piece, but they made sure not to promote it. Still, I was impressed they ran that story. I guess they can't avoid something so popular, nationally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom