• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    No Comprende.

You can’t let anyone borrow a gun for any reason unless your are physically present during the entire duration of the loan.

Non-gratuitous means nothing is given, so a loan (not a purchase).

So if I loaned a handgun to my buddy to go hunting, we’d have to do the whole 77r, 7 day wait, pay the fees and once done do the same back. Or if I were to let my wife borrow a handgun to go to the range and I didn’t accompany her.

Or if I wasn’t home and she opened the gun safe and grabbed a handgun instead of a rifle as some criminal busted down the door. We didn’t do the 77r and 7 day wait dance. She’s a damn criminal then!

Stupid ********. Shouldn’t have to do any of that dance, but at least most other states with ******** like this have exemptions for immediate family, durations to the loans or things like exemptions for hunting or range use of short duration.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    So every time I leave the house while my wife is home I must keep her from my guns? And every time she leaves she has to lock up hers?

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    So every time I leave the house while my wife is home I must keep her from my guns? And every time she leaves she has to lock up hers?

Had the "constructive possession" discussion with my wife today. She said, so if i leave the house, i can obey the proposed law if i take my guns with me?

The law of unintended consequences. Pass the transfer bill, and get more guns out on the street!

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Seems to require background check for secondary sales, which would be new for long guns, and it also contains a backdoor registration, which is new for long guns.
    Because the transfer violation defense is, i sold/gifted said gun before october 1, 2019.

The only counter to that is, register all guns now so the gov knows when a transfer has taken place later.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Seems to require background check for secondary sales, which would be new for long guns, and it also contains a backdoor registration, which is new for long guns.

Where is that in there? The bill only says transfers include anything that isn’t the owner in the same place as the person using the firearm and no money changing hands.

And it only applies to regulated firearms. IE handguns. Not sure if it would apply to banned firearms, as those are no longer regulated, but banned. I suspect the DA would make the case that banned firearms would also fall under this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom