• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    anybody know which ranges will allow you shoot 7.62 in AA or PG counties?

i'm pretty sure on target does not and they are a bit of a drive for me anyway :)

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I assume you mean a 7.62 rifle round. The only indoor ranges that I have heard you can fire centerfire rifle ammo is I think Blue Plains and the NRA ranges in Virginia. As far as outdoor ranges go, there is the private club in Bowie called Berwyn Rod and Gun Club.
    Depending on where you live, there is also a public park range in or around La Plata that is an outdoor range you can shoot at for a small fee, and I keep hearing about some range in AA Co that is mostly pistol but allows rifles on some days or something like that, but I have never been there.

Edit: I forgot, there is also the private St. Charles Sportsman Club just outside of Waldorf.

Addendum to the edit: The range in or around La Plata is Myrtle Grove and here is a list of some ranges around the area the DNR compiled http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/shootingranges.asp
    It is not a complete list of all ranges by a long shot, but it is a start.

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    yes I meant the rifle round.

An Ak-47 or maybe a SKS is next on my list but i would like to have a range close by that would allow me to shoot frequently.

thank you for all the information

repair-man

Mar 27, 2007
    SW MD
    I know they're still rebuilding the Hap Baker range, but do they allow these rounds? I called this one range and they told me that they would take the British .303 round at Hap Baker.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Hap Baker allows (er, allowed) all centerfire cartridges under .500 (sorry BMG people), and had several 200 yard target frames.

repair-man

Mar 27, 2007
    SW MD
    Hap Baker allows (er, allowed) all centerfire cartridges under .500 (sorry BMG people), and had several 200 yard target frames.

You talking in the past tense makes me :sad20: . I'm glad they're rebuilding and word is that they'll be back up by this summer.:thumbsup:

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    thank you all for all the helpful information.

Now I just have to find the right place to get it that wont rip me off :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom