Geissele Triggers, another reason to spend the money.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Chad...have you had your mitts on a Black Rain Ordnance trigger group? I just bought a Fallout 10, and I am very impressed with the trigger so far. It is a drop in unit .

I haven't handled one but if their Barrels are an indicator or quality Im not expecting anything positive.

Ill see if I can get my paws on one.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Even better. I was looking at buying a High Speed Giesselle on another board. It was a DMR, but I need a Match or Service.

So I contacted Geissele via their email about the differences. It turns out, the difference in the springs. I thanked them and explained why I wanted to know.

They asked for my address and mailed me a set of springs for Match and Service versions. NO CHARGE.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Even better. I was looking at buying a High Speed Giesselle on another board. It was a DMR, but I need a Match or Service.

So I contacted Geissele via their email about the differences. It turns out, the difference in the springs. I thanked them and explained why I wanted to know.

They asked for my address and mailed me a set of springs for Match and Service versions. NO CHARGE.

Some people find it hard to justify the expense, but it's service like that, that completely justifies the expenditure, IMO.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Did he blow up the .260?

Yup! She had an oob and wasted the upper receiver. Thank God no one was hurt!!!

I was at an Ed Shell rifle class over the holiday weekend and at the 725 yard target she went KABOOM.

I am bringing her to Lord Chad friday for a complete aar.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Ouch! I've had OOBs speed shooting .22LRs but never on a centerfire. I have Geissele S3Gs in both my 3-gun AR and the S&W AR15-22 I use for speed competition. Never had an OOB issue in either of my AR15-22s with Geissele triggers in them. In fact my current #1 AR15-22 not only has the S3G in it, it also has a set of the JP "yellow" low power springs in it. 100% reliable and really fast. I also plan on getting one of the ALG Combat triggers for one of my AR builds.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Ouch! I've had OOBs speed shooting .22LRs but never on a centerfire. I have Geissele S3Gs in both my 3-gun AR and the S&W AR15-22 I use for speed competition. Never had an OOB issue in either of my AR15-22s with Geissele triggers in them. In fact my current #1 AR15-22 not only has the S3G in it, it also has a set of the JP "yellow" low power springs in it. 100% reliable and really fast. I also plan on getting one of the ALG Combat triggers for one of my AR builds.

He didn't have a Geissele in the gun that Kaboomed. He going to put one in there now.

It was another Aftermarket Trigger.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

I was at an Ed Shell rifle class over the holiday weekend and at the 725 yard target she went KABOOM.

Damn. That blows, no pun intended.

I'll see if I can get that 10mm brass out to you before the end of the week, maybe that'll help soothe the sting. :)

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    "I have 4 of them. I use them in highpower competition so they see a lot of use. They are THE trigger to have in an AR competition rifle. They have the best warranty in the business!"

What characteristic of the trigger makes those so desirable for high power competition?

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    I put their combat trigger in mine. 3.5 lbs seemed light for me. I really like the 4.5 lbs in the combat trigger.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    "I have 4 of them. I use them in highpower competition so they see a lot of use. They are THE trigger to have in an AR competition rifle. They have the best warranty in the business!"

What characteristic of the trigger makes those so desirable for high power competition?

Different first and second stage weights available.

A breaking glass trigger break.

Just a sweet feeling trigger.

If you don't want to spend the money on one, DO NOT TRY ONE. :)

BenL

John Galt Speaking.

Wow, that's a "change your BVDs" moment. Sorry to hear it happened. Any idea what caused it?

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Wow, that's a "change your BVDs" moment. Sorry to hear it happened. Any idea what caused it?

well there is always the chance I could of had a bad reload, as a reloader I know it can happen. But Lord Chad is going to tear it apart and go all " Abby Sciuto" on it and try and figure it out.

What ever it may be I want to up grade the trigger. It was not a bad unit I beleive it was the factory optional jt trigger upgrade from dpms.
    But after being schooled by Ed Shell I want better!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    well there is always the chance I could of had a bad reload, as a reloader I know it can happen. But Lord Chad is going to tear it apart and go all " Abby Sciuto" on it and try and figure it out.

What ever it may be I want to up grade the trigger. It was not a bad unit I beleive it was the factory optional jt trigger upgrade from dpms.
    But after being schooled by Ed Shell I want better!

It was the ponies... ;)

You think anything is going to be salvageable from it?

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg

They are adjustable to suit shooter preference, smooth and break like glass. Once set, they hold adjustment. My service rifle trigger will make the 4.5lb weight but it is so sweet that it is almost like an unconscious thought (which is the way I like it). My match rifle triggers are even better. What sold me on Geissele is when a team mate's broke, I emailed Bill Geissele at 10am on a Sunday and a new trigger was in my mail box on Monday to replace it. Nowhere else will you find service like that! I have and do own a lot of other triggers but none break as clean as the Geissele .

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    I wanted to buy a Geissele, but didn't have the funds for it. I needed a trigger for my new Spikes lower (in gun jail till next Friday) so I bought the next best thing (IMO).

An ALG Defense QMS Trigger, which is tuned by Geissele.

If I like this trigger, I'll put them in my 2 other AR's (DD MM4V1LW and M&P 15).

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I wanted to buy a Geissele, but didn't have the funds for it. I needed a trigger for my new Spikes lower (in gun jail till next Friday) so I bought the next best thing (IMO).

An ALG Defense QMS Trigger, which is tuned by Geissele.

If I like this trigger, I'll put them in my 2 other AR's (DD MM4V1LW and M&P 15).

The ALG's are great triggers for the price point. Especially compared against some other lightly tuned FCG's being offered.

I'm still toying with the idea of sneaking a few ALG's into some AR's I've built for family members, and not telling them.

If I had the disposable income, I'd swap them all out to Geissele's, just to see the looks on their faces the first time they light off a round.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    The ALG's are great triggers for the price point. Especially compared against some other lightly tuned FCG's being offered.

I'm still toying with the idea of sneaking a few ALG's into some AR's I've built for family members, and not telling them.

If I had the disposable income, I'd swap them all out to Geissele's, just to see the looks on their faces the first time they light off a round.

If you do come across additional disposable income, could you swap mine out? It would be to just see the look on my face :)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    If you do come across additional disposable income, could you swap mine out? It would be to just see the look on my face :)

I am going to have to do a karma in the near future, been a few thousand since my last one. Might just have to do a trigger karma. :innocent0

After I send out $200 to the DoJ for my Form 1 though. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom