• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beancounter

Jul 8, 2012
    John,

If you will use both syllables in my first name (as I do) I will wear a cowboy hat (of some color and style depending entirely on price). I also have chaps but I don't think people really want to see those :)

This was my first competitive shoot and fun was had by me.

Viper-Snipe

May 13, 2012
    Is there a way to get the results in a file format?
    I would like to keep it to track my progress.

Fun shoot to all!

V-S

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Is there a way to get the results in a file format?
    I would like to keep it to track my progress.

Fun shoot to all!

V-S

Sure.:thumbsup: The updated (Rev 1 file) is attached.

Mike Cacic's score is corrected -- he moved-up quite a bit. Sorry for my fat-fingering the original data.:sign07:

Attachments

• SLSC RF Steel Match Report for 15 SEP 2013 (Rev1).jpg
      SLSC RF Steel Match Report for 15 SEP 2013 (Rev1).jpg
      119.7 KB · Views: 249
    • Rimfire Steel Match Scoresheet for 15 September 2013 (Rev1).xls
      29.5 KB · Views: 71

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    John,

If you will use both syllables in my first name (as I do) I will wear a cowboy hat (of some color and style depending entirely on price). I also have chaps but I don't think people really want to see those :)

This was my first competitive shoot and fun was had by me.

Fixed. See the latest iteration of the match-report.:thumbsup:

We're glad to hear that everyone seemed to have a great time at this event:D, but will take a rain-check on the chaps offer.:tdown:

John

P.S. Also, I gotta give a huge thanks to the Match Officers (Doc, Dean, and Tim) and our SOs. These matches could not happen without their generous donations of time and effort.

P.P.S. This match did run a bit long. We are concerned that if the matches continue to grow, they may simply take too long to run. We'll endeavor to have 4 stages at the next match, which will streamline the timing.

Gunny1998

(This Space for Rent)
    Apr 20, 2013
    St. Marys County

What? No heavy breathing? :D

---------------------

Jesse - would like your advice on the 522 (offline - not a thread hijacker). Been looking at a 22LR rifle, watching what others shoot noted the 522 seems most reliable (FTF/F). 522 has a two barrel option I like, but hate those standard hand guards. 522 SWAT has guards I like but no two barrel option.

10/22 would be an option I'd like better if it had a two barrel (std/heavy barrel) option.

-Dean

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    What? No heavy breathing? :D

---------------------

Jesse - would like your advice on the 522 (offline - not a thread hijacker). Been looking at a 22LR rifle, watching what others shoot noted the 522 seems most reliable (FTF/F). 522 has a two barrel option I like, but hate those standard hand guards. 522 SWAT has guards I like but no two barrel option.

10/22 would be an option I'd like better if it had a two barrel (std/heavy barrel) option.

-Dean

No need to breathe heavy for this. I like the way the hand guards look but regardless of how you think they look they are comfortable. You could always get the 522 Target which has a free float hand guard. The standard barrel has been surprisingly accurate for me. Not custom $1000 10/22 accurate but more accurate than I'll ever need for anything I'd like to do with the gun.

Gunny1998

(This Space for Rent)
    Apr 20, 2013
    St. Marys County
    No need to breathe heavy for this. I like the way the hand guards look but regardless of how you think they look they are comfortable. You could always get the 522 Target which has a free float hand guard. The standard barrel has been surprisingly accurate for me. Not custom $1000 10/22 accurate but more accurate than I'll ever need for anything I'd like to do with the gun.

Was kidding about the breathing.

I looked at the 522 Target, but the 522 dual barrel provides the same barrel while still providing the 16" option (better for rimfire steel).

Don't dsagree the standard grips are comfy, but I chose my P556 SWAT specifically for the hand guard change (and rail space). Perhaps I'll hit up Sig CS and see if the 522 SWAT can have the 20" barrel swapped like the 522 two barrel (and the 20" barrel can be purchased separate).

Thanks.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Ah cool. I didn't know the barrel was that easy to swap. For what it's worth if you're worried about the 10/22 there is an absurd amount of aftermarket barrels for it and I've been told it's easy to remove and swap.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Ah cool. I didn't know the barrel was that easy to swap. For what it's worth if you're worried about the 10/22 there is an absurd amount of aftermarket barrels for it and I've been told it's easy to remove and swap.

two screws.. its that simple.. ;)

Beancounter

Jul 8, 2012
    Fixed. See the latest iteration of the match-report.:thumbsup:

We're glad to hear that everyone seemed to have a great time at this event:D, but will take a rain-check on the chaps offer.:tdown:

John

P.S. Also, I gotta give a huge thanks to the Match Officers (Doc, Dean, and Tim) and our SOs. These matches could not happen without their generous donations of time and effort.

P.P.S. This match did run a bit long. We are concerned that if the matches continue to grow, they may simply take too long to run. We'll endeavor to have 4 stages at the next match, which will streamline the timing.

THanks. And I will wear my cowboy hat at the next shoot. I will leave the chaps at home.

A question: I read the Ruger rules and no where does it mention "fanning". Is this allowed? If allowed it probably won't improve my aim but it will allow me to miss faster.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    THanks. And I will wear my cowboy hat at the next shoot. I will leave the chaps at home.

A question: I read the Ruger rules and no where does it mention "fanning". Is this allowed? If allowed it probably won't improve my aim but it will allow me to miss faster.
    As the SLSC Chief Range Safety Officer I say NO "Fanning" allowed. :tdown:

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD

so when's the next match, john?

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    October Match is Cancelled -- Sorry!

so when's the next match, john?

Due to the scheduling of SLSC's Fall Club Work Day for October 20th, the October match originally planned for that same date is hereby cancelled. Sorry.:sad20:

Therefore, our next match is scheduled for 24 November, 0900 - 1400.

John

P.S. I'm looking to try to schedule a RF Steel Practice Event for the afternoon of October 20th after the Club Work Day is over, if I can find a few club-member volunteers who are not exhausted from the Club Work Day. Stay-tuned.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Due to the scheduling of SLSC's Fall Club Work Day for October 20th, the October match originally planned for that same date is hereby cancelled. Sorry.:sad20:

Therefore, our next match is scheduled for 24 November, 0900 - 1400.

John

P.S. I'm looking to try to schedule a RF Steel Practice Event for the afternoon of October 20th after the Club Work Day is over, if I can find a few club-member volunteers who are not exhausted from the Club Work Day. Stay-tuned.

I might be up for the practice afternoon.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Practice this Sunday -- 1330 - ~1630

We've got enough volunteers to hold a small-scale practice event this Sunday. Probably only a single-stage, but we might reconfigure it into a couple different ways.

Free to members, $5 per guest. The main-gate will be open from ~1300-1330 for guest-access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom