• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • angler

Mar 30, 2010
    As they come back into regions that are densely populated, then just by continued close proximity to us they're going to lose their fear of humans. Large populations of predators in suburban neighborhoods with lots of small children = recipe for tragedy.

Man, I don't know. I am very skeptical of this. I poked around on the internet and it seems like estimates of attacks vary but are VERY small. Like on the order of 20 - 90 attacks IN ALL OF RECORDED HISTORY. In all of recorded history there has only been one fatality. Most all attacks have been associated with populations that have been fed. Most all attacks are on children smaller than the attacking animal. Moral of the story, don't feed them and kill them frequently therefore instilling a deep fear of humans.

Don't let your guard down (I guess), but you are FAR more likely to be killed by a stray dog than a coyote, even in high density areas like CA/AZ/NM. Don't believe the hype.

Diesel Kinevel

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    They're here. I hit one with my car in Frederick county a couple years ago a little while after dusk. Man, trying to convince people that I hit a coyote was like telling them I was abducted by aliens!! I'm still not sure anyone believed me.

Anyway, glad all the animals and humans are ok!!!

was it the one I saw on RT 80 @ Clarksburg rd?

-Z

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    last summer the wife and I was on the farm, I happened to have one of my hand cannons with me. I saw one step out of the corn field just a few yards away from me . I pull out the pistol and fire but I think I missed him couldnt find any signs of a hit, but I havent seen one since, When I told the land owne he looked at me like I was crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom