• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    As I've said before. It's hard to argue the existing laws work when states wholesale dont feed info into nics

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    As I've said before. It's hard to argue the existing laws work when states wholesale dont feed info into nics

That's one of the proposed EO's being circulated, to require states to fully feed

I would actually be in favor of that - minus the HIPAA infringement that they seem to think MUST become part of background checks.

I suspect they intend to use HIPAA intrusion in this to extend 2A prohibition to every citizen who has ever been prescribed any pain killer during their entire life. If you think mental health exclusion might cover a lot of citizens, consider pain killer prescription ... sold as "we don't want junkies purchasing firearms" ... who would want to say they voted FOR it?

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    That's one of the proposed EO's being circulated, to require states to fully feed

I would actually be in favor of that - minus the HIPAA infringement that they seem to think MUST become part of background checks.

I suspect they intend to use HIPAA intrusion in this to extend 2A prohibition to every citizen who has ever been prescribed any pain killer during their entire life. If you think mental health exclusion might cover a lot of citizens, consider pain killer prescription ... sold as "we don't want junkies purchasing firearms" ... who would want to say they voted FOR it?

The HIPAA thing is huge. Think in conjunction with Obummer-care. They can make anything a mental defect and bar your rights. They already are on record saying every member of the TEA party is crazy. All Conservatives are nuts. think they won't hold back payment to doctors unless they fill out forms on firearms in the home? :mad54:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    The HIPAA thing is huge. Think in conjunction with Obummer-care. They can make anything a mental defect and bar your rights. They already are on record saying every member of the TEA party is crazy. All Conservatives are nuts. think they won't hold back payment to doctors unless they fill out forms on firearms in the home? :mad54:

What about that DHS report saying as much?

Who's "normal" enough to own a firearm? If they start making doctors responsible for making the call, will they want to take on the liability or just say no one?

Obamacare is a Trojan horse into every aspect of our lives.

*** Remind me again why people surrounded with protection tell us that We the People don't need protection ***

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    "Compelling states" is the administration's operative for: We'll withhold federal funds for everything your state has been made to rely upon the government for if you don't come around to our way of thinking.
    That happens all the time already. It would screw with Maryland though since they decided to not mandate mental health reporting to the NICS system.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I wonder how the legislative branch will feel about the President circumventing their Constitutional duty.

Feb 28, 2013
    I wonder how the legislative branch will feel about the President circumventing their Constitutional duty.

Why should they care about that when the Legislative Branch themselves circumvented the Constitution in force feeding us the giant shitburger known affectionately as "Obamacare".

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Why should they care about that when the Legislative Branch themselves circumvented the Constitution in force feeding us the giant shitburger known affectionately as "Obamacare".

They may not respect the Constitution like they should, but they WILL be angry if someone is playing in their sandbox.

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    Don't laugh at EO's. This is serious business.
    For instance, by EO, he can ban the importation of firearms from [insert country region here]. He can also ban importation of ammo from [insert country or region here].

Seen any Norinco's imported lately? Wonder why? You can blame Klinton and Bush.
    1993 and 2003.
    Refresh your memories: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norinco

If "O" stopped the importation of ammo and/or had a hefty import tax lumped on top, what effect would that have currently? if they can't get the guns they will go after the ammo. We have heard that for a long time. Wait for it, it's close.

Have no fear, they ARE going to JACK with guns and ammo until he leaves office. It shouldn't even be up for debate. he doesn't have to worry about a re-election and his fellow Dems be damned, how much will he care about them?

OH, and as a result of the Boston bombings they could easily go after primers and propellant.

Think about it. It would be to save us from another Boston style bombing.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    They may not respect the Constitution like they should, but they WILL be angry if someone is playing in their sandbox.

Yes but they have been yielding power for decades.

Its all about the party now.

On the other hand the States will be pissed , and there will be law suits . Also Obama care is on like support and blanking with funding will kill it dead IMHO .. . so it may just be talk from his royal Highness

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD

Attachments

• Mitt+Romney+9gV_LZihX7Bm.jpg
      Mitt+Romney+9gV_LZihX7Bm.jpg
      13.7 KB · Views: 87

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    I had a conversation a couple of months ago with a CIA contractor. He didn't say a whole lot,but lead me to beileve there are ways of taking text out of mid air and changing it and sending it to someone else. If this was true ,im sure electronic voting machines can be changed also.I don't think there is that many Communists in this country to re elect him.I know,Foil hat back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom