• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    We do not have a plaque that says, "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free...."

There is a reason that most of us are middle aged and grey haired. This is not a poor mans sport for sure.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    We do not have a plaque that says, "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free...."

There is a reason that most of us are middle aged and grey haired. This is not a poor mans sport for sure.

I can't think of a better activity to have in my retirement life...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm not complaining. For once I'm glad when it rains it pours. But, I will have to look into reloading investments if I can bring the cost per round from 18 cents to 10 cents, perhaps less (seems far fetched).
    You're never going to get 9mm down to those levels without some sort of really bad math involved (eg, claiming brass and your time are free... they're not). I reload because I like being able to control what exactly is going into my ammo, and how it performs. I reload on the hot side because I frequently run a comp, and my stuff is much more consistent than 9mm NATO.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I reloaded previously simply because I was shooting expensive ammo to buy (9x23mm about $.80/rd). Right now buying 9x19mm cost me less than $.20/rd for factory, less for reloads and my time is too valuable to me to reload to beat that price. IF I go back to 3-gun or USPSA where I need to load Major I might rethink this but not right now. I am prepared to load just about everything I shoot just in case.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I've allocated $200 a month for 1000rds 9mm, and I can see my 5.56 supply starting to dwindle if I find I like 2-gun next month.

Get everyone you know together for a group buy and I’m sure we can work to get that $200 a month closer to $180.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It looks like the weather is going to cooperate for Stages of Madness. :party29:

To whatever we can attribute this That Ain't Right Winter Weather, it suits me just fine. Above freezing, calm winds, and likely no precip ... on the first day of February? Sold!

Now I'll have to find something else to blame for me missing targets five yards away :)

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    To whatever we can attribute this That Ain't Right Winter Weather, it suits me just fine. Above freezing, calm winds, and likely no precip ... on the first day of February? Sold!

Now I'll have to find something else to blame for me missing targets five yards away :)

Practice makes perfect. I recommend 1000rd per week minimum.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Stages of Madness all set to rock.
    e52f56f0a64bc218115e5359cd09388a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Stages of Madness all set to rock.
    e52f56f0a64bc218115e5359cd09388a.jpg

For once, I’ve loaded a dozen mags here, where I’m keeping my hands warm in front of the impeachment bonfire on TV. Might even get some sleep before hand for a change. Looking forward to seeing all them shooters bright and early tomorrow. Thanks for setting up shop for us!

Edit: Man, those targets look small and very far away. Loading another ten mags.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I see that the archery people lost the archery range. Maybe it was the guest fee, and they didnt renew.

It's my understanding that there is going to be a new and better archery range cut into the hill. It will be big and beautiful and everyone will love it, possibly the best archery range ever. And wonderful and fantastic people will shoot there.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    For once, I’ve loaded a dozen mags here, where I’m keeping my hands warm in front of the impeachment bonfire on TV. Might even get some sleep before hand for a change. Looking forward to seeing all them shooters bright and early tomorrow. Thanks for setting up shop for us!

Edit: Man, those targets look small and very far away. Loading another ten mags.

Spoiler alert: the Texas star is going to be a mother. :party29:

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    It's my understanding that there is going to be a new and better archery range cut into the hill. It will be big and beautiful and everyone will love it, possibly the best archery range ever. And wonderful and fantastic people will shoot there.

Donald approves. Lol.

Those bays look awesome. Really awesome. Nice work!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Thanks to all who make these events happen - we lucked out on the weather, but it was the hard work that makes it possible. Great time today, and lotsa good people to see and meet.

ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    Had a great time out there today!! Thank you for all the work you guys put in to make it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom