• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Are the targets and process the same, just a different firearm (same box, same sequence, round count, etc?)? I don't mind observing the sidearm match if the process is very similar, although I'm hoping Trevor brings his 9mm rifle...

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    pretty much everything is the same with PCC or handgun. start positions can be a little different (if handgun is starting facing uprange, pcc will start facing downrange and stuff like that). everyone shoots the same targets in pretty much whatever order they want.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I just got my PCC running again, maybe I should come up and shoot the classifier with the PCC since its the only one I don't have a ranking in.

Oops just realized its on Sunday in Fred. Shooting the PA NSSF match on Sunday at Lewistown, PA.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    by fred i think he means fredericksburg uspsa, normally the first sunday of the month, and they also have slots during saturday setup

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Ah. Bit of a haul down that way. I am getting a better sense of idpa/ipsc matches in the region. It looks like Thurmont and Annapolis (Arnold) are the closest ranges that participate with/accept PCC, and Sanners Lake in southern MD 3 hours a way. Peacemaker isnt that far either, although i have only been referred to super steel challenge at this point (is that under uspsa?). I watch regular pistol this Saturday to get a feel...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    super steel challenge at this point (is that under uspsa?).

two different animals. super steel is a uspsa-style (ie run around and shoot) game. but it has no relationship with actual USPSA, outlaw so to speak.

steel challenge is a mostly stationary event, you stand and shoot five steel targets set up in various arrays. steel challenge is a "subsidiary" of uspsa.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    There is an IDPA Classifier match at Frederick IWLA on 8/6.

I inquired and it was suggested I go to their September 3 match as I wouldn't get much out of the classifier process, and the outlaw event was cancelled.

Apparently they have an orientation the same day before the afternoon match (so I'd get orientation and observe the earlier match, and shoot the afternoon). Another match occurs there in October on the 15th.

Gotta start somewhere...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom