• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Form 1 Trust:

Submitted mid-March 2017 (Note: My wife is not a “Responsible” person because she is only a “successor trustee” in the event of my death or incapacity. However, two different ATF employees insisted I needed to submit her prints and pic because she is a “trustee.” Being an attorney I disagreed, but they insisted the application would be rejected and returned without her prints and pic. So I sent them in after explaining to my wife why they needed her prints for SBR that she didn’t want, wouldn’t owned, and would never touch less shoot!)

Check cashed March 27, 2017

February 22, 2018 (ATF Examiner advises they can’t process application because I identified my wife as a “Responsible” person, and under my trust she is only a successor trustee. I didn’t need to submit her prints and pic. Solution, scratch her name off the form and resubmit for final approval.)

Received stamp - ???? We will see.

I will say the examiner was very nice. So hopefully I will get the stamp soon. After which I will need to do a 77R and wait 7 days for the MSP to make sure I am worthy! I am done with NFA items for a while. I suppose they have won temporarily :(

Update: ATF confirmed stamp approved 3/1, but they have 30 days to send it to the vendor, then 77R and 7 day wait because MSP insists the SBR with a stock is simultaneously a pistol! Looks like it will be 13 1/2 months.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    2nd stamp paid for today for an obsidian 45, the wait begins

1st stamp paid for 12/2/17 check cashed 1/12/18

I hate waiting

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Been watching NFA tracker and form 4 trusts times are dropping almost a month in time per month of time since about 7/17 . Hopefully it will keep dropping :-)

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Been watching NFA tracker and form 4 trusts times are dropping almost a month in time per month of time since about 7/17 . Hopefully it will keep dropping :-)

Uh, great?! I haven't checked in in a while and find the form 4 trust wait most disconcerting. I am thinking about a can, and just...arghhhhhh!

I figure I should get a check up from my doc before I decide to buy. If he tells me "don't buy green bananas," I'll forget about the can!

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    According to a social media post today, NFATracker is estimating about a 200 day wait for Form 4 Trusts, with it trending downward as the year goes on. I'm at day 197 for my first can (according to the ATF when I got impatient and contacted them a few weeks ago. The can went pending a month later than I expected), so hopefully I'll get a call relatively soon. And then seven more calls throughout the year . . .

The funny thing is that my first can is a .22 suppressor, and I haven't gotten around to getting either of the barrels of the firearms I am planning on using as .22 suppressor hosts threaded. Too many other projects! I guess I should be getting around to that now . . .

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Surefire Ryder 22-S
    Form 4 Trust (Silencer Shop Single Shot Unlimited Trust)
    Purchased 7/15/17
    Check cashed 7/31/17
    "Received" 8/22/17 (according to the ATF. Not sure what was meant. Maybe pending?)
    Approved 2/28/18
    Stamp Received 3/8/18
    Picked Up 3/8/18

Still over 200 days, though 199 exactly from what I guess is pending. I called the one time but don't plan on calling again now that they are coming in, unless I get to a year or so.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    Form 4 Trust ( 4 RPs)
    Check cashed 4/29/17
    Approved 1/16/18
    Post Marked 1/19/18
    Picked Up 3/11/18

263 days from check cashed to approval. Appears to have taken a bit longer than I would have liked for the dealer to contact me but whatever I have it now.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Did the trust kiosk paperwork last August, picked up my new toy today. Seven months, not too shabby.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It is everything I can do to not call my FFL on my mid-July SS purchase and be like... "hey, did my stamp come in?"

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Form 4 Trust (1 RP, Silencer Shop Single Shot Unlimited Trust)
    YHM Turbo
    Purchased 7/29/2017
    Check Cashed 8/11/2017
    Approved 3/08/2018
    Stamp Received 3/15/2018
    Picked Up 3/16/2018

Dedicated suppressor for my 10.5" SBR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members