• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    Not sure if this belongs "In Stock" as there is only one, but a heads-up on a very nice clean, early "3T" Inglis Hi Power.
    It has the "FTR" stamp, which means it went through factory thorough rebuild (in 1962) and picked up a new barrel is my guess.
    Mag safety looks to be removed.
    Arsenal finish but it looks like a good solid gun.

These folks are very C&R friendly, just outside Philly.
    I was going to jump on it but at this point I'm done for a while.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=458000435

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Did anyone notice that SOG changed their price today on their Yugo M48A "12 days of Christmas Sale"?

It was originally set at $250 (regular I believe was 280)

But today the price was changed to $199 !!!

So.....got one coming, paid the extra for hand select and matching numbers

If you want one, and missed it, you can get the same deal on Dec 17th

Its the 17th :)

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I ordered my M48A this morning before I had a chance to waffle about it or change my mind. Alphabrew's M48 gave me new hope. If its not what I ordered or pitted, I'll be sending it back.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    CDISales has several nice looking Spanish police marked Star BM pistols listed on GB as C&R. I'd be tempted if they were C&R but I don't think the listing is correct. From what I can find the BM model began manufacture in the 1970s and it is not otherwise listed in the ATF book, or am I missing something?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=458929571

Yeah, I would like one, but I agree, not C&R as far as I know. I think they made a mistake. I'd be tempted, but when it comes to firearms transfers, ensuring everything is above the board is a two way street.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    CDISales has several nice looking Spanish police marked Star BM pistols listed on GB as C&R. I'd be tempted if they were C&R but I don't think the listing is correct. From what I can find the BM model began manufacture in the 1970s and it is not otherwise listed in the ATF book, or am I missing something?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=458929571

Thanks for the heads up on that. Either way, I just popped for one of them ... one looked especially nice.

The CSP stands for Cuerpo Superior de Policia, AKA "La Secreta." They no longer exist, but were the national plain-clothes police. People had a bad habit of falling out of high windows, etc., while under their care.

I have one other CSP Star BM, and it's got one of the nicest triggers of any handgun that I own. I'm hoping that all of them got the same special treatment.

I'll check the production dates tomorrow and will have it sent to my LGS, if I need to go that route.

Last edited:

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    Thanks for the heads up on that. Either way, I just popped for one of them ... one looked especially nice.

The CSP stands for Cuerpo Superior de Policia, AKA "La Secreta." They no longer exist, but were the national plain-clothes police. People had a bad habit of falling out of high windows, etc., while under their care.

I have one other CSP Star BM, and it's got one of the nicest triggers of any handgun that I own. I'm hoping that all of them got the same special treatment.

I'll check the production dates tomorrow and will have it sent to my LGS, if I need to go that route.

Glad you got one. I also was attracted by the police mark, but frankly if it is not CR I am just not interested. I have my HQL but still don't feel like going thru the extra hassle and fees. If you think they are CR please post.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Glad you got one. I also was attracted by the police mark, but frankly if it is not CR I am just not interested. I have my HQL but still don't feel like going thru the extra hassle and fees. If you think they are CR please post.

Production run of 1972-1992, with very few made before 1976. I don't think these have been added to the BATFE's supplemental list of exceptions, so probably not C$R.

As stated earlier, though, I really like this particular gun, and the one that I've popped for looks rather good. I live within a mile of the line between MD and the free world, so I don't have to play too many games. I'll just have it shipped to the LGS, fill out the papers, give them a few extra bucks, and take home a nice little 9mm with some potential history for not too much money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom