View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2020, 12:29 AM #30
Eqinsu Ocha

Eqinsu Ocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam View Post
In a perfect, budget-doesnít-matter world, I suppose that some dedicated prescription shooting glasses would be ideal. But in the meantime, and for practically pocket change, you can get some slide-on side protectors to protect you from lateral splatter. Below is a shot of some Mrs Occam keeps in her range bag for just such occasions. I think she got six sets of them on Amazon for just a few dollars. I keep some in my bag for needy range guests.

Also pictured here: my knuckle from just yesterday at the AGC shoot. A piece of copper jacket came frisbee-ing in to bay seven from, Iím guessing bay six. Up and over the berm with enough speed to cause a bloody nick. No big deal! But it would have been, if it had slipped in behind glasses from the side and cut up a cornea. So, itís worth the dorky add-on!

Yikes! We definitely felt some debris falling on us periodically, but nothing like that!

Dorky glasses are obviously a must. I also recommend a hat and ear muff protectors (rather than plugs), just to keep as much of our sensitive bits shielded as possible.

Nowadays, they also make slightly less dorky looking safety glasses that fit completely over prescription glasses. I bet one would get made fun of a lot more overall for spending the rest of their life with an eyepatch than a couple hours in dorky PPE

"Dear autocorrect: I'm really getting tired of your shirt!"
The problem with people on the internet...is that they are people.
"People are monsters" --Chicadee
Art3 is offline   Reply With Quote