• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chairyland

Jul 7, 2014
    Howard County
    The Marriotsville Appleseed this weekend was windy, rainy, cold, and overall a great time :)

This was my second time attending. Compared to last year (where I think everyone was shooting .22lr), we had at least six people shooting .223/5.56. One guy made rifleman with his. I feel like doing it with a higher caliber rifle, whether an AR or a Garand, is an extra mark of accomplishment for having to overcome more recoil and the extra weight of the rifle (especially in the standing position). I have a lot of respect for folks that make rifleman with any rifle, but an extra gold star for those that do it with a centerfire cartridge. If you are reading this, awesome shooting Matt R!

Going a second time served as a great refresher of the marksmanship techniques they teach, but my personal improvement from last year was unfortunately minor (although I am much more consistent now). I think my next Appleseed will be a full-distance shoot.

What really sunk in this year was the history of April 19th 1775. Beswift did a great job of conveying the sacrifices that the colonists made for *the chance*, not the guarantee, of being able to enact change in their governance. That these people risked their lives to face terrible odds against a superior force so that I don't have to. So that I can talk to my elected representative and vote in elections to enact change without the need for violence.

I think being less worried this year about getting my rifleman patch and absorbing the firehose of marksmanship information left me with more brainwaves to listen to what Appleseed teaches. It really is powerful stuff.

Appleseed does a great job of not being political or partisan. But I do wonder if our voter turn out rates would be higher if everyone knew the sacrifices that were made just so that we *can* vote. No, I don't wonder. I know it would be.

This year, I really understand what Appleseed is about. It is about personal empowerment. It is about letting people know that with patience, effort, and desire, they can achieve their goals. Whether that is shooting 210 on the AQT to get that rifleman patch, or improving their community and country.

Thank you Beswift for volunteering so much of your time to run these shoots. Same to you Anna and Ed - good luck getting your red hats!

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    THANK YOU for the kind words and great review...! We've still got a lot of open spots on the line for all our shoots, so we can use the help getting folks out to hear the message AND improve their skills... See you on the line!

BeSwift

The Marriotsville Appleseed this weekend was windy, rainy, cold, and overall a great time :)

This was my second time attending. Compared to last year (where I think everyone was shooting .22lr), we had at least six people shooting .223/5.56. One guy made rifleman with his. I feel like doing it with a higher caliber rifle, whether an AR or a Garand, is an extra mark of accomplishment for having to overcome more recoil and the extra weight of the rifle (especially in the standing position). I have a lot of respect for folks that make rifleman with any rifle, but an extra gold star for those that do it with a centerfire cartridge. If you are reading this, awesome shooting Matt R!

Going a second time served as a great refresher of the marksmanship techniques they teach, but my personal improvement from last year was unfortunately minor (although I am much more consistent now). I think my next Appleseed will be a full-distance shoot.

What really sunk in this year was the history of April 19th 1775. Beswift did a great job of conveying the sacrifices that the colonists made for *the chance*, not the guarantee, of being able to enact change in their governance. That these people risked their lives to face terrible odds against a superior force so that I don't have to. So that I can talk to my elected representative and vote in elections to enact change without the need for violence.

I think being less worried this year about getting my rifleman patch and absorbing the firehose of marksmanship information left me with more brainwaves to listen to what Appleseed teaches. It really is powerful stuff.

Appleseed does a great job of not being political or partisan. But I do wonder if our voter turn out rates would be higher if everyone knew the sacrifices that were made just so that we *can* vote. No, I don't wonder. I know it would be.

This year, I really understand what Appleseed is about. It is about personal empowerment. It is about letting people know that with patience, effort, and desire, they can achieve their goals. Whether that is shooting 210 on the AQT to get that rifleman patch, or improving their community and country.

Thank you Beswift for volunteering so much of your time to run these shoots. Same to you Anna and Ed - good luck getting your red hats!

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    Just a quick heads up, that the remaining 2015 Appleseed events at Berwyn in Bowie, MD, have been changed to center fire eligible! Good news coming soon about a new range coming on board...

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    Just a quick heads up, that the remaining 2015 Appleseed events at Berwyn in Bowie, MD, have been changed to center fire eligible! Good news coming soon about a new range coming on board...
    Still at 25Y ?
    During two-day events, targets may be moved back to the 50, 75, and 100 yard target lines at the discretion of the Shoot Boss.

Eroyle

Feb 17, 2013
    Project Appleseed has several shoots coming up on September 17-18 in Annapolis, Bowie, Lexington Park and (AGC) Marriottsville, Maryland. Come on out and earn your Rifleman Patch.

Project Appleseed 2016 Final event in Kearneysville, WV (Leetown Gun Club) is October 1st. http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=WV&statename=West Virginia

Groupon Discounts are available https://www.groupon.com/deals/project-appleseed-4-lakeland

For more detailed information visit: http://appleseedinfo.org/

For Project Appleseed Maryland Schedule information visit: http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=MD&statename=Maryland

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    Perfect score!

Congrats to MD's Appleseed superstar for shooting ANOTHER perfect score of 250 at last weekends Sanners Appleseed... If I'm not mistaken, this is his 3rd (or 4th?) event in which he's done so... No one else has even come close (Nationwide, to my knowledge!).... This is a man who knows exactly what he's about! Congrat Pate!

Think you've got what it takes? Come on out, join us on the line, and learn the skills of the Rifleman!

BeSwift

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Congrats to MD's Appleseed superstar for shooting ANOTHER perfect score of 250 at last weekends Sanners Appleseed... If I'm not mistaken, this is his 3rd (or 4th?) event in which he's done so... No one else has even come close (Nationwide, to my knowledge!).... This is a man who knows exactly what he's about! Congrat Pate!

Think you've got what it takes? Come on out, join us on the line, and learn the skills of the Rifleman!

BeSwift

3rd 250. The first two were shot at the same event, one on Saturday then again on Sunday. The photo is from his first 250.

I am very proud of my Nephew. He wanted to see if he could work through the distractions of shooting outside vs indoors.

Attachments

• 20141122_175032-MOTION.jpg
      20141122_175032-MOTION.jpg
      89.3 KB · Views: 247

Eroyle

Feb 17, 2013
    Upcoming Project Appleseed Events

Project Appleseed has several shoots coming up on September 17-18 in Annapolis, Bowie, Lexington Park and (AGC) Marriottsville, Maryland. Come on out and earn your Rifleman Patch.

Project Appleseed 2016 Final event in Kearneysville, WV (Leetown Gun Club) is October 1st. http://appleseedinfo.org/search-stat...est Virginia

Groupon Discounts are available https://www.groupon.com/deals/projec...eed-4-lakeland

For more detailed information visit: http://appleseedinfo.org/

For Project Appleseed Maryland Schedule information visit: http://appleseedinfo.org/search-stat...ename=Maryland

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Participated a couple weeks ago. My first time there, learned a lot, and it was fun. Will do it again.

Eroyle

Feb 17, 2013

Presumptuous

Awesome Member
    Aug 17, 2016
    Suburbia
    The AGC shoot this weekend was tons of fun. My wife and I will be coming back for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_20160918_113648.jpg
      IMG_20160918_113648.jpg
      79.1 KB · Views: 183

Vjornaxx

Twelve
    Mar 8, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    The AGC shoot this weekend was tons of fun. My wife and I will be coming back for sure.

Excellent! I was happy to see all the enthusiasm at the AGC event. You guys dug deep and showed remarkable improvement!

I posted an after action report on the official forums and I put some pictures up on our Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    I can't say enough great things about the Appleseed Shoot at AGC this past weekend. The instructors were top notch, the facility is first rate and the content (both the shooting instruction and the history) was plentiful and helped me improve. The instructor to shooter ratio worked out well to where anyone that needed or wanted individual instruction was able to get plenty of it.

Personally, as a shooter who struggled immensely on Day 1, I really appreciated the time and patience all the instructors showed to help me get sorted out. While my scores weren't great by any standards, I had a lot of fun and plan to attend again in the future.

If anyone is on the fence about attending, don't hesitate and sign up now.

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    Sudlersville, MD 200 yard Centerfire eligible!

Sudlersville, MD 200 yard Centerfire Appleseed
    Great news... The Oct 29th Appleseed will be both centerfire eligible AND shot on the 200 yard range! Those of you wanting to take an Appleseed with your AR, Garand, M1A or centerfire of your choosing, here's YOUR chance! Don't wait to sign up... http://www.eventbrite.com/e/sudlersv...ts-26490555966

See you on the line!
    BeSwift

aoxomoxoa

Jul 7, 2016
    Baltimore County, MD
    Sudlersville, MD 200 yard Centerfire Appleseed
    Great news... The Oct 29th Appleseed will be both centerfire eligible AND shot on the 200 yard range! Those of you wanting to take an Appleseed with your AR, Garand, M1A or centerfire of your choosing, here's YOUR chance! Don't wait to sign up... http://www.eventbrite.com/e/sudlersv...ts-26490555966

See you on the line!
    BeSwift

Could you repost the link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom