• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEX

scruffy-lookin nerfherder
    Aug 16, 2013
    Glen Burnie, MD
    This dirty girl. Can't wait to take her out to delmarva tomorrow.

Attachments

• 2016-02-02 14.13.55.jpg
      2016-02-02 14.13.55.jpg
      52.5 KB · Views: 528

DEX

scruffy-lookin nerfherder
    Aug 16, 2013
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Sweet
    Any trench art?

I take it your doing the de-Cosmo today?
    Don't forget to clean the firing pin good.
    Have fun

Unfortunately, no, nothing out of the ordinary. Yup, gotta love the sweet caked on goodness. I'm just waiting to hear back from UPS about being charged 3 times for the 2 hr window delivery.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    This dirty girl. Can't wait to take her out to delmarva tomorrow.

I'm jealous (no room in the safe for anything more....and no more room for any more safes). I can't wait to see how she cleans up. Enjoy!

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I'm jealous (no room in the safe for anything more....and no more room for any more safes).

Isn't that an absolute bitch! Same situation here. I'm having to put stuff into off-site storage, which is safe and good for the guns, but it sucks not to be able to open a door and grab one of them.

I'm just waiting to hear back from UPS about being charged 3 times for the 2 hr window delivery.

I waited around all day yesterday for delivery of an antique rifle that I was supposed to have to sign for -- USPS Priority. I finally thought I hear something outside, and looked out the window to see a postal truck driving away. Nothing on the porch where deliveries are usually dropped off, so (thankfully) I went outside. There, on a pile of melting snow beside the driveway, was a box with my rifle in it. The SOB from the USPS must have just tossed it out the door. Clearly NOT my regular carrier, who is usually very good about these things.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Got this one today, perpetuating my fascination with the CZ-27. This is a Nazi Police marked CZ-27 with the Eagle/K proof, dated 1942. Condition isn't perfect, but what makes it nice is that it still has a matching mag and the matching holster. The holster is a Schambach, Berlin, dated 1941 and has had some repairs over the years, but I'm not going to cry too much since it's still the original matching holster and the price was right for a matching rig. Enjoy!

Attachments

• eaglek1.jpg
      eaglek1.jpg
      91.8 KB · Views: 469
    • eaglek2.jpg
      eaglek2.jpg
      69.7 KB · Views: 539
    • eaglek3.jpg
      eaglek3.jpg
      79.9 KB · Views: 469
    • eaglek4.jpg
      eaglek4.jpg
      77.1 KB · Views: 484
    • eaglek5.jpg
      eaglek5.jpg
      67.9 KB · Views: 466

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    HOCO gun show pick up Swedish Mauser Mostly matching except barrel Bands and rear sight All greased up

Attachments

• image-2508434920.jpg
      image-2508434920.jpg
      142.3 KB · Views: 516
    • image-2746974456.jpg
      image-2746974456.jpg
      78.5 KB · Views: 434
    • image-3229036269.jpg
      image-3229036269.jpg
      69.6 KB · Views: 430

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    HOCO gun show pick up Swedish Mauser Mostly matching except barrel Bands and rear sight All greased up

Nice Swede. I gave that one a look over but didn't really need another Swede Mauser. I actually grabbed 2 Gewehr 88S rifles that Brian at SCSC had just bought off a walk in. Gave him a quick profit :D They're a little beat and missing parts but I think I can clean them up a bit. I'll post a separate thread later.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    Got the SKS and couldn't be happier! HEAVY cosmoline though...going to use a heat gun on the stock after the initial wipe down to draw out the rest of thats soaked in. Can I wipe the stock with a mineral spirits soaked rag when it bleeds out? Or is that a risk with going back at it with a heat gun?

I'll post a pic or two when I get it cleaned up

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, but it's a pic as promised! Got a majority of the Cosmo off and will likely bake it in the sun in a couple months. Got it to the range and it's a great shooter! Gun was in excellent condition all over with all matching SNs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      111 KB · Views: 352

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Nice looking rifle

Thx

This is the first Swede I have seen in Cosmo. All the others I have seen at shows or gun shops were all cleaned up. Maybe I have just not seen enough to know how common one in Cosmo may be.

CAI roll stamp under muzzle.

Got home from kids games and pulled it apart
    Still have to get to the stock but the Cosmo surely preserved this one. So much is stamped. Both the hand guard and stock are matching also.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Thx

This is the first Swede I have seen in Cosmo. All the others I have seen at shows or gun shops were all cleaned up. Maybe I have just not seen enough to know how common one in Cosmo may be.

CAI roll stamp under muzzle.

Got home from kids games and pulled it apart
    Still have to get to the stock but the Cosmo surely preserved this one. So much is stamped. Both the hand guard and stock are matching also.

Wood looks really good too. Congrats on it :party29:

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    1897 Mosin Tula M91

SO found this at an LGS. It was intriguing because it was over 100 years old, fairly cheap, a Tula, and I dont have an M91 yet and it came with about 600+ rounds of 54R in 2 50 cal ammo cans.

Tula markings on the bolt and rear sight, izzy floor plate, nothing on the buttplate. Nothing matches and the bluing is about 5% but the bore is nice and rifling looks good.

I wiped it down and took some quick pics. I was going to disassemble it to check the tang, and clean it properly, but the clamps are problematic. The front clamp loosens up fine but there is a screw in the stock preventing it from coming off. THAT screw wont turn. The larger clamp will only unscrew a tiny amount, and not enough to move it off the stock. Will have to soak it and see if it will loosen up.

I have no where at the moment to take decent pics so here is what I got. Any and all comments welcome.

stamp on stock. date is 1916 and there is a "K" visible but the rest is worn

Receiver

Rear sight

I think this is a "3" stamped in the stock, not sure what that other is on the receiver

a "+" a "U" and a "4"

Here is the screw preventing the front band clamp from coming off

inset circle for something obviously missing. Ive never seen that. But what I DONT know would fill libraries....

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    As far as I can tell on my phone at work. Looks like you have a nice example of a Finn used M91. I can't see an SA mark, but I see the D stamp on the receiver. The circle in the stock was for a unit marking disc or something similar

Also, You probably know this but the threads on M91 barrel bands are reverse threaded. That might be why you're having trouble getting them off?

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    As far as I can tell on my phone at work. Looks like you have a nice example of a Finn used M91. I can't see an SA mark, but I see the D stamp on the receiver. The circle in the stock was for a unit marking disc or something similar

Also, You probably know this but the threads on M91 barrel bands are reverse threaded. That might be why you're having trouble getting them off?

Hmm cool. I wasnt sure if that was a "D" or an "I" on the receiver.

I do know the band screws are reverse threaded. The front band loosens up fine but not enough to get over that stock screw, which is bent by the looks of someone trying to force the band over it.

The rear band only loosens about one turn which isnt enough to loosen much. I didnt want to force it until I asked. I assume the threads are gunked up.

Do they only go so far or do the screws come out of those bands completely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom