• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Hmmmm..looks like you could buy a mid length upper with a spikes 9" tactical rail and build he lower with a CTR stock, MOE grip, AGL combat trigger group and Magpul BUIS for less than the one in the add....unless...ya didn't feel like it and just wanted to buy and go shoot...which is what most people want to do.

Thing is though, once you build one or two, unless your buying some HIGH END, like a HK or LaRUE or LWRC or something, you get a little spoiled with being able to build it the way you want, but buying the upper complete...just too easy nowadays :-)

chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    Hmmmm..looks like you could buy a mid length upper with a spikes 9" tactical rail and build he lower with a CTR stock, MOE grip, AGL combat trigger group and Magpul BUIS for less than the one in the add....unless...ya didn't feel like it and just wanted to buy and go shoot...which is what most people want to do.

Thing is though, once you build one or two, unless your buying some HIGH END, like a HK or LaRUE or LWRC or something, you get a little spoiled with being able to build it the way you want, but buying the upper complete...just too easy nowadays :-)

This is my first ar build, the lower is finished. The spikes upper looks pretty good for the money, I guess that's why they are hard to find. May just spend the extra and get the BCM. Decisions, decisions. I never thought I would ever want an AR but thanks to Mr. O'malley I decided to build one and I can see how they can become very addicting!!

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    This is my first ar build, the lower is finished. The spikes upper looks pretty good for the money, I guess that's why they are hard to find. May just spend the extra and get the BCM. Decisions, decisions. I never thought I would ever want an AR but thanks to Mr. O'malley I decided to build one and I can see how they can become very addicting!!

Buy my gun and you'll have an extra lower already built for your next build. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom