• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    It's like a game show.

I know the Broadneck area outside Annapolis was redistricted a year or so ago. By going to official Maryland sites, I'm either in District 30 (old district), District 33 (some maps) or District 33A (for which I can find no boundaries).

I want to participate, but this is crazy.

I've written to delegates in both 30 and 33 asking the question. Awaiting one unified answer.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Old district boundaries (2002 map) apply for this legislative session; new district boundaries (2012 map) apply to the 2014 election cycle, with the Senators/Delegates being seated in their new district assignments for the 2015 GA session, IIRC.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Old district boundaries (2002 map) apply for this legislative session; new district boundaries (2012 map) apply to the 2014 election cycle, with the Senators/Delegates being seated in their new district assignments for the 2015 GA session, IIRC.

Thanks, this was the confusing part. Maybe I am in District 30.

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    It's like a game show.

I know the Broadneck area outside Annapolis was redistricted a year or so ago. By going to official Maryland sites, I'm either in District 30 (old district), District 33 (some maps) or District 33A (for which I can find no boundaries).

I want to participate, but this is crazy.

I've written to delegates in both 30 and 33 asking the question. Awaiting one unified answer.

I'm in the same boat as you, and just about every person I talk to has no idea who their reps will be in 2014.. Terrible year for this IMO...

This link is the best/easiest I've found for the 2014 election and beyond, but you have to read the instructions carefully.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    So I have Ron George (+), Herb McMilen (++) and Mike Busch. And Sen. John Astle.

Time to write to 'em.

Yep, for this year.

My Take:

George --Seems Fiscally irresponsible; is probably going to be busy (distracted) with his run for gov. :shrug:

McMillan -- Seems Fiscally irresponsible; who knows :shrug:

Busch -- IS Fiscally irresponsible; Is an absolute lost cause, and needs to be removed from office. Good luck getting an appointment with him, much less a phone conversation.

Astle -- IS Fiscally irresponsible; Is probably more pro 2A then the republicans.

2014 Election (for 2015 and beyond)

Reilly -- Seems Fiscally irresponsible, seems Pro 2A

McConkey -- Seems Fiscally Responsible; Pro 2A

Vitale -- Seems Fiscally Responsible; Pro 2A

Costa (33B) -- IS Fiscally irresponsible; He's says he's not running again.

These results should be an eye opener to gun owners in MD. We continue to get beat (by omission or fight) on the local level.

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    One comment on this...I thought Ed Reilly was fiscally responsible..ls there a reason you think he isn't?

Yep, for this year.

My Take:

George --Seems Fiscally irresponsible; is probably going to be busy (distracted) with his run for gov. :shrug:

McMillan -- Seems Fiscally irresponsible; who knows :shrug:

Busch -- IS Fiscally irresponsible; Is an absolute lost cause, and needs to be removed from office. Good luck getting an appointment with him, much less a phone conversation.

Astle -- IS Fiscally irresponsible; Is probably more pro 2A then the republicans.

2014 Election (for 2015 and beyond)

Reilly -- Seems Fiscally irresponsible, seems Pro 2A

McConkey -- Seems Fiscally Responsible; Pro 2A

Vitale -- Seems Fiscally Responsible; Pro 2A

Costa (33B) -- IS Fiscally irresponsible; He's says he's not running again.

These results should be an eye opener to gun owners in MD. We continue to get beat (by omission or fight) on the local level.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    One comment on this...I thought Ed Reilly was fiscally responsible..ls there a reason you think he isn't?

I didn't like his vote (Yea) on SB631 as it directly benefited Lockhead to the tune of ~450K per year, and if I'm not mistaking, Lockhead hasn't paid State Sales taxes since 2010.

EDIT: and just to clarify, 'Seems' is me saying he's on my 'watch' list. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom