• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I love what MSI stands for and what they do, but they have a tough job getting back to folks and follow thru. IMHO

If you don't have personal numbers for board members, you may never get a response back. This is my personal experience.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I love what MSI stands for and what they do, but they have a tough job getting back to folks and follow thru. IMHO

If you don't have personal numbers for board members, you may never get a response back. This is my personal experience.

This is an unfortunate by-product of having a relatively small number of people doing the vast majority of the work. For years, MSI was basically a 2-3 man operation, and for a period of time it was essentially one man. It is incredibly time consuming to do just the bare minimum of advocacy, in addition to all of the other necessities of one's personal life. Burnout is real. That the current leadership have done the job that they have done, for as long and as well as they have done it, speaks volumes to their dedication to our mutual cause.

I don't say this to belittle your concerns, not in the slightest. I know you have a deep appreciation and respect for the demands on one's time. I'm just reinforcing the understanding that some of the smaller items can easily get lost without more hands lightening the load.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    This is an unfortunate by-product of having a relatively small number of people doing the vast majority of the work. For years, MSI was basically a 2-3 man operation, and for a period of time it was essentially one man. It is incredibly time consuming to do just the bare minimum of advocacy, in addition to all of the other necessities of one's personal life. Burnout is real. That the current leadership have done the job that they have done, for as long and as well as they have done it, speaks volumes to their dedication to our mutual cause.

I don't say this to belittle your concerns, not in the slightest. I know you have a deep appreciation and respect for the demands on one's time. I'm just reinforcing the understanding that some of the smaller items can easily get lost without more hands lightening the load.
    And i don't disagree with the insight you have provided. I would hope they would get or have a page here at MDS and have someone monitor questions or do company business.
    Not sure if MDS could provide that at a reduced rate or have members chip in to buy a page for them on their behalf.

I know i wish i could volunteer for the events, just too busy and not retired yet. I see the same names signing up and believe me when i tell you i feel guilty for not putting my name in the hat at these events.
    I am grateful for the folks that do what i am unable to do.

I believe we agree on most all of it. :thumbsup: Have a good night

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    And i don't disagree with the insight you have provided. I would hope they would get or have a page here at MDS and have someone monitor questions or do company business.
    Not sure if MDS could provide that at a reduced rate or have members chip in to buy a page for them on their behalf.

I know i wish i could volunteer for the events, just too busy and not retired yet. I see the same names signing up and believe me when i tell you i feel guilty for not putting my name in the hat at these events.

Agreed on agreeing. A good night to you as well.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    There is indeed, an entire forum for Maryland Shall Issue, a members only area if you will. There hasn't been anything posted to it in over a year by anyone.

MDS provides it for free

You're in good company

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

All I can say is that we do the best we can in getting back to folks. It’s a lot of work and we’re all volunteers. So what we do is put a LOT of info on the website and are responsive on Facebook and X. We monitor info requests and get back when we can. Members get priority treatment. Meanwhile we litigate like crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom