• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W.Coyote

MDS Supporter
    May 30, 2013
    Kingsville (Hazzard County)
    Took a quick trip to Country Knives in Intercourse, PA today. All I can say is WOW! Incredible selection of any type knife you could be interested in. Autos, OTF’s, folders, fixed, high-end kitchen. You name it they stock it! Mid morning Wednesday my buddy and I were the only ones in the shop. Spent over 2 hours and learned a hell of a lot! Extremely knowledgeable folks that took the time to answer any and all questions. Not a cheap place to shop but worth the trip. Came home with a Benchmade Mini Claymore in OD to match its black brother already in possession. Beautiful country side, to boot. PA 340, ~6 miles east of Lancaster.

Attachments

• IMG_1982.jpeg
      IMG_1982.jpeg
      452.4 KB · Views: 35

W.Coyote

MDS Supporter
    May 30, 2013
    After hearing about the prices where you went, I bought from

in Coatesville, PA, east of Lancaster

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    I typically agree to go for the less expensive but I also prefer a store that has items in stock. I this case I was ISO a specific Benchmade Mini Claymore. Price was par with what I could find online and I didn’t have to worry about finding an online business that was willing to ship to MD. Touch/feel with discussion is big for me.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    The prices on their website are really high. I hope you didn't pay $350 for it. MAP (minimum advertised price) is $207. Most dealers will sell it for about 10% below that meaning $187.

Edgeworks in Frederick is a nice place. Of course they don't have autos. Another option is the Nations Gun Show in Chantilly. There are several dealers that are great to deal with that attend. Knifeworld WV, North River Outdoors (Richmond) and another dealer that I can't remember their name. It's a couple that sells Microtech, Protec, and Spyderco.

W.Coyote

MDS Supporter
    May 30, 2013
    The prices on their website are really high. I hope you didn't pay $350 for it. MAP (minimum advertised price) is $207. Most dealers will sell it for about 10% below that meaning $187.

Edgeworks in Frederick is a nice place. Of course they don't have autos. Another option is the Nations Gun Show in Chantilly. There are several dealers that are great to deal with that attend. Knifeworld WV, North River Outdoors (Richmond) and another dealer that I can't remember their name. It's a couple that sells Microtech, Protec, and Spyderco.
    $230 which was suggested retail. I had seen $207 at a couple online stores but anymore I hate to do a cc online. Been hacked too many times and many onlines don’t work with PayPal (or vice versa). The distance from Harford Co to Lancaster vs Chantilly eats up any savings in diesel fuel. Plus a hell of an inventory to finger!

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    $230 which was suggested retail. I had seen $207 at a couple online stores but anymore I hate to do a cc online. Been hacked too many times and many onlines don’t work with PayPal (or vice versa). The distance from Harford Co to Lancaster vs Chantilly eats up any savings in diesel fuel. Plus a hell of an inventory to finger!
    $230 is not bad at all. I'm glad to hear their in-store prices are much more reasonable than their on-line prices. Yeah, I saw you're a good bit closer to Lancaster than Chantilly. Speaking of driving distance, I've been wanting to go to the Oaks gun show, but the 6 hour round trip solo drive just seems like a waste of time and money when I can buy online or at Chantilly.

W.Coyote

MDS Supporter
    May 30, 2013

BTW, the $350 price for the Mini Claymore on their website was for the new OTF Dagger. Maybe nice if you collect that sort of knife but, while interesting, not my cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom