• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    The bill signing should have taken place near the neighborhood of North Ave. and Bel Air Rd. recently listed as the #11 most dangerous neighborhood. Not hijacking someone else's info as this was posted by a fellow member to which I thank for the info.

River Mud

Mar 19, 2013
    "Now this critical law will start saving lives on October 1st."

-Gun Control lobbyist Vincent DeMarco

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Remember when they said banning cheap Saturday Night Specials would decrease crime in Maryland. Take a look at the official crime reports since then and you will see an increase in crime. This does not take into account the reclassification of crimes in police reports.

I saw it first hand. You would make an arrest and the first thing the states attorney would do is start dropping charges including anything that had mandatory sentences (i.e. gun related charges). Last I looked killing someone was against the law --

Gun Control Laws only make the uninformed (aka stupid fu*ks) feel better.....

RP

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Remember when they said banning cheap Saturday Night Specials would decrease crime in Maryland. Take a look at the official crime reports since then and you will see an increase in crime. This does not take into account the reclassification of crimes in police reports.

Most reports I've seen indicated major crime was down and haven't been this low since the 70's. National and local (well outside of Baltimore and PG County).

Maybe I'm mistaken. I know Baltimore County is touting their crime numbers are at a 30-40 year low.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Generally, yes... violent crime is down.

But, there are several pockets (generally high-density urban centers) where there are huge issues.

Not coincidentally, they are also the areas with the highest poverty, welfare, and drug use rates.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Generally, yes... violent crime is down.

But, there are several pockets (generally high-density urban centers) where there are huge issues.

Not coincidentally, they are also the areas with the highest poverty, welfare, and drug use rates.

And Democratic leadership....

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    crime is down, however, Maryland's crime and homicide rate are 35% above the national average. Maryland had the 7th worst homicide rate and 9th worst crime rate (among states, not counting DC). Hey we are top ten for criminals! Maryland also is 3rd for lost and stolen guns from FFLs and top 5 for drug arrests.

Of the 9 states in 2012 who were may-issue (or no issue), 6 had above-national-average crime rates.

Meanwhile, in the "Wild West Virgina" crime and homicide are 1/2 that of Maryland.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    crime is down, however, Maryland's crime and homicide rate are 35% above the national average. Maryland had the 7th worst homicide rate and 9th worst crime rate (among states, not counting DC). Hey we are top ten for criminals! Maryland also is 3rd for lost and stolen guns from FFLs and top 5 for drug arrests.

Of the 9 states in 2012 who were shall-issue, 6 had above-national-average crime rates.

Meanwhile, in the "Wild West Virgina" crime and homicide are 1/2 that of Maryland.

Did you mean to say "restricted issue"???

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom