• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patriot001

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 2, 2013
    I brought a wasr 10/63 a while back didn't know there were quality differences in the brands . I started hearing bad things on the net about the Wasrs I'm sure yall have heard the stories. I changed out the iron sights on mine with meprolite irons I brought a sight tool and went to the range I zeroed the sights in at 100yards and was shocked! It was shooting on average 2-4 in groups, I even got a few 1 moa groups, but they were not consistent. 2-4 moa is pretty decent given the horror stories I've heard. So did I luck up , or are these stories all hype? It has all matching parts too if that means anything. I'm a huge AK head and plan on buying an arsenal when the price drops. I don't believe chairman Owe Mao li 's. Gun grab will. Stand up in court (call me delusional)

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Not every WASR is built equal.

The WASR's that were imported prior to 2008 were generally a crapshoot and used for the most part rejected military parts that were deemed okay for civilians to use. This is where they got their reputation of being crappy.

The WASR-10/63 like you (and I) have that were imported from 2008 up until a few years ago used parts from actual military AK's that were put onto civilian legal receivers to be imported and with some improved quality control to boot.

Therefore the narrative should be pre-2008 WASR's suck and that post-2008 ones are an improvement however the new WASR's that are coming in seem to be of the same ilk as the pre-2008 ones so I am guessing the jury is still out on these.

My WASR-10/63 I boight a year ago in Maryland for $500.

20120706195145975.jpg

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I guess you could call it luck, but most WASRs are more or less fine (if you can live with a canted gas block). The cool kids are buying M+M M10s now, which are the Romanian AKs with CNC-cut magwells and some higher end features.

Just remember that EVERY AK manufacturer has put out problem guns before, so it's always a roll of the dice... you simply have somewhat better odds with some brands than others.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Nice how do u put pics on here?

Nice. How do you put pics on here?

You will get further in life if you avoid "text message" spelling. Yes, it does matter. Would you wear a dirty tee shirt to a job interview?

(Dickhead mode = off)

There are several ways to attach pictures.

1) Find a picture on another site, then right-click on it. Select "Copy image URL". Return to your MDS "reply to thread". and click on the little icon with the two mountains.

Left click to enter the image URL, but be sure to delete "http/" first, or the "http/" tag will be will be doubled. If you try it, you should see what I mean.

That inserts a link to another website, and saves this site's bandwith. If the image on the other page is ever removed, it will disappear here also.

2) Link to an image in photobucket or another similar site. I believe you use the little "Planet Earth" icon.

3) Add an attachment from your own computer using the paperclip icon.

Most importantly, use complete words when you write! Do not write "u" for 'you' or "4" instead of "for." You don't realize it, but those text message conventions significantly reduce your credibility.

TwinTurboDiesel

Hellbilly Punk
    May 21, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    I bought my WASR from a member on here a couple months ago. Its not the most accurate firearm I have fired but it will do what I want it too. Sights are good. A little mag wobble with steel mags but I'm not too concerned with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom