• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I predict saber rattling, but nothing to stir the hornet's nest ... starting to get the itch to make a bet

It's time to see who's predictions come true and who's don't.

I still say ZERO gun bills will be put fourth during the 2014 cycle.

They are not sting proof and it would be prudent to let the nest rest.

Only time will tell.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    There is no such thing as a "loophole." There is either following the law or not following the law. If something isn't illegal it doesn't mean it's a "loophole."

For instance a sole proprietor with a home office is exempt from business personal property tax. If I take advantage of that I'm just following the law - it's not a "loophole."

Please do not use the word "loophole."

Kind of the way "tax loophole" was used regarding Romney. He broke no laws, but the word loophole implies such.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Kind of the way "tax loophole" was used regarding Romney. He broke no laws, but the word loophole implies such.

Exactly! No one calls the "mortgage interest tax deduction" a loophole to deduct more on your taxes. It's just meant to imply something should be unlawful, kind of like lawful purchases at gun shows (the "gun show loophole"). I get on this soapbox whenever a client asks for a loophole.

Believe me, I'm not a tinfoil hat wearing kind of guy, but the media is very picky about their word choices because words can have much more emotion behind them than the literal sense. Think of "assault rifle" (just a regular semi-automatic rifle) or "high capacity clip" (regular magazine for handgun or rifle). Look at the failed AWB and pre-ban and post-ban rifles. The antis were up in arms (pun intended) that dealers were complying with the law by removing banned features like bayonet lugs, flash suppressors and pistol-grip stocks: the post-ban rifles were sold to comply with the law it wasn't a "loophole."

/rant on the word "loophole"

xilni

Jun 21, 2012
    Chevy Chase
    1. Don't use the word loophole. It adds a negative connotation. There are no loopholes. Things are either legal or they aren't.

2. Tell us what firearm you want and we'll tell you who will sell it to you. (If it's legal) We have some very good dealers on here.

I was born and raised in MD but I've been out of the country for the last year and a half so I missed out on all the pre-deadline buying.

Now the whole HBAR rule gives me some space to get ARs but where do I stand for AK pattern rifles? I'd hate to think that I missed out on my one opportunity to get an AK pattern rifle.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I was born and raised in MD but I've been out of the country for the last year and a half so I missed out on all the pre-deadline buying.

Now the whole HBAR rule gives me some space to get ARs but where do I stand for AK pattern rifles? I'd hate to think that I missed out on my one opportunity to get an AK pattern rifle.

You missed. They are banned.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD

Yeah, I really LOVED that one. There is NOTHING wrong with assets in the Cayman Islands as long as they are CLAIMED on your US tax forms. His tax forms are how the Dems knew he had assets in the Cayman's....implication, of course, that he was tax dodging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom