• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • centerfire301

Sep 30, 2010
    I understand that if I want to take my suppressor out of State I need a letter from the BATF. Can someone tell me what form I need to send in to get that letter?

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    The ATF requires prior authorization after a written request to transport any destructive device, machine gun, short-barreled rifle, or short-barreled shotgun under Section 922(a)(4), The ATF does not require this prior authorization for a suppressor. While the prior authorization from the ATF is not required, we do still recommend obtaining an approved Form 20 from the ATF for Suppressors before crossing state lines. We feel that it is better to have a document from the federal government stating it is legal to be in possession of the item in another state than is listed on your Form 4 or Form 1 which was used to acquire the item.

https://www.atf.gov/file/4781/download

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    No documentation required to cross state lines but make sure you don't take the suppressor into a state where they are illegal, DE & NJ are 2 close states where they are illegal. Check this website for more info, https://silencerco.com/education/

I always have a copy (digital or paper) of the tax stamp to prove my NFA items are legal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom