Supervised PBJ and firearms - anyone else been through this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbgunn177

Jun 30, 2008
    I don't think this topic ever really goes away. A friend told me today he is facing the same situation. PBJ for DUI with supervised probation ..... no firearms. He has a call into his attorney now to see what can be done. I suggested he search here to see if it has been addressed and came across this for him.

madmantrapper

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Carroll County
    I don't know the difference between a DUI and a DWI but I will say this. I don't know what drinking and driving has to do with gun ownership, unless the person had a gun with them at the time of arrest. But I would like to add that I don't care for folks drinking and driving, its bad medicine.

Paul

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I don't know the difference between a DUI and a DWI but I will say this. I don't know what drinking and driving has to do with gun ownership, unless the person had a gun with them at the time of arrest. But I would like to add that I don't care for folks drinking and driving, its bad medicine.

Paul

Upon your third drinking and driving conviction, you end up being prohibited for a year. Had a client with this issue last year.

Guess they think that drinking and driving means you are an alcoholic.

Don't worry though, this "no firearms" thing is usually applied in all supervised PBJ matters, not just drinking and driving.

I really do think that attorneys should be required to include some 2nd Amendment warning in Voir Dire before the acceptance of a plea bargain so the defendant understands his/her firearm rights might be at issue. Don't think most attorneys even know how a conviction would affect firearms rights, or that a PBJ results in no possession of firearms if the probationary period is supervised.

And I will say, man this thread is old.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    There are two schools of thought on old threads.

1. If it's more than a year old, start a new one.

2. (my view) If it's related (same/similar situation with different people), can offer insight, or is an actual follow-up, it's better to have the info in one thread rather than scattered across multiple, open-ended threads where the info can be missed.

I work in IT and find this all the time. Someone posted a while ago they are having a particular problem. There was no resolution posted. Thread is revived by someone else with the same problem. The last post in that thread is from a mod who locked it because it was old which blocked someone else from posting "oh yeah..the fix is this...." That thread is now 99% useless. The 1% usefulness is simply that you at least know someone somewhere had the same problem at some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom