• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Do I need any additional equipment for a Advantage Arms 22 conversion that has a threaded barrel? Will be using a Sparrow on it.

I know most 9mm and 45 ACP need the piston adapter, but is this true for the 22LR pistol?

Sparrow works great on rifles with standard velocity and sub sonic (970fps and 950fps).

Q

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Do I need any additional equipment for a Advantage Arms 22 conversion that has a threaded barrel? Will be using a Sparrow on it.

I know most 9mm and 45 ACP need the piston adapter, but is this true for the 22LR pistol?

Sparrow works great on rifles with standard velocity and sub sonic (970fps and 950fps).

Q
    Does it have a fixed barrel?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    It looks like a simple blowback system due to the 22.

Q
    It looks like a lot of people are shooting these suppressed with dedicated .22 cans so you should be good to go. Seems like there were issues with the adapters and things when there weren't threaded barrels.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Q
    Did the conversion kit come with its own slide and spring?

I have the TacSol version for G19 frames and it works fine without the need for a piston. Mine will not cycle CCI 710 FPS Quiets and I haven't tried it with the 970 FPS Suppressors yet, but standard velocity is no problem.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Did the conversion kit come with its own slide and spring?

I have the TacSol version for G19 frames and it works fine without the need for a piston. Mine will not cycle CCI 710 FPS Quiets and I haven't tried it with the 970 FPS Suppressors yet, but standard velocity is no problem.
    I bought the original AA Kit with a standard barrel. I got the threaded barrel from AA recently. All equipment is Advantage Arms.

Q

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I bought the original AA Kit with a standard barrel. I got the threaded barrel from AA recently. All equipment is Advantage Arms.

Q
    You should do fine with just a straight suppressor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom