• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I have tracking now. The Meam Arms upper should be here on Tues. Took them long enough.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Of all our pcc’s (7 if not including once braced pistols, over a dozen if the overdue court smack down removes any b.s. from them again) THE ABSOLUTE STAND ALONE most impressive one is the JP-5 Steel Challenge… it is so light and f-a-s-t and FLAT shooting I am constantly thinking about selling two of our other pccs , (perhaps even the wife’s Winchester M1 carbine (!) just to get another JP-5, in ANY of it’s current three iterations …

I agree with the previous posters who elude: pccs need not “make sense” to anyone who struggles with just how much fun they are!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Of all our pcc’s (7 if not including once braced pistols, over a dozen if the overdue court smack down removes any b.s. from them again) THE ABSOLUTE STAND ALONE most impressive one is the JP-5 Steel Challenge… it is so light and f-a-s-t and FLAT shooting I am constantly thinking about selling two of our other pccs , (perhaps even the wife’s Winchester M1 carbine (!) just to get another JP-5, in ANY of it’s current three iterations …

I agree with the previous posters who elude: pccs need not “make sense” to anyone who struggles with just how much fun they are!
    It’s the $3000 price tag that’s tough…so I’ve spent $4000 trying to do it cheaper. :shrug:

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I’d love to try a JP-5
    I have the lesser JP and think it’s great but would jump if it were worth it. I’d rather have less quantity and better quality. Plenty of guns collecting dust so thinning the heard is looking good right now

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The Quarter Circle 10 side charger is REALLY tempting. That is sick.
    They are pricey for sure.
    The side charger will not adapt to the CMMG RDB though, which isn't a big deal with all the other action options. It will work with the rest of them.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I’d love to try a JP-5
    I have the lesser JP and think it’s great but would jump if it were worth it. I’d rather have less quantity and better quality. Plenty of guns collecting dust so thinning the heard is looking good right now
    I'm starting to think the same.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    No, this:

Its basically a MP5 but using bearings instead of rollers in the trunnion. The idea has a lot of promise. Lets see if they can deliver. Though the new Maxim roller delay buffer does a very similar thing at a fraction of the cost. That is being discussed here:

Its where I meant to post my original comment yesterday but it was early and I wasn't paying attention.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    No, this:

Its basically a MP5 but using bearings instead of rollers in the trunnion. The idea has a lot of promise. Lets see if they can deliver. Though the new Maxim roller delay buffer does a very similar thing at a fraction of the cost. That is being discussed here:

Its where I meant to post my original comment yesterday but it was early and I wasn't paying attention.
    So I could get a Frontier Arms MP5 style lower with this upper and have an alternative MP5 so to speak? Albeit for a price. I will stay tuned and see how this works out.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Hiperfire trigger, colorized the lower, and added a front sling swivel. Installed the KVP 10 ounce buffer and a Springco red spring (maybe too much - I 'll give it a try). Replaced the Foxtrot Mike BCG with a KVP, which I like better. I am happy with this build. May go back to a regular carbine buffer spring after I try it out.

IMG_2612_doctored.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom