• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    My CX4 Storm is begging to have it's barrel cut and a suppressor added.
    I know zero about SBRs and Suppressors.

Could you cut the barrel, have a suppressor pin/welded to the cut barrel, and just get a stamp for the suppressor ? (assuming total length of barrel+suppressor is 16+ inches)
    Is there a 9mm Suppressor that could have the core pinned/welded,, and the sleeve removed to clean ?

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    My CX4 Storm is begging to have it's barrel cut and a suppressor added.
    I know zero about SBRs and Suppressors.

Could you cut the barrel, have a suppressor pin/welded to the cut barrel, and just get a stamp for the suppressor ? (assuming total length of barrel+suppressor is 16+ inches)
    Is there a 9mm Suppressor that could have the core pinned/welded,, and the sleeve removed to clean ?
    Yes you can pin it and make a one tax gun. GTAW welding the backpiece of the suppressor to the barrel is the usual method. The tube, in such a unit, would be welded to the backpiece. The ones I have been involved in, the baffle was of monocore construction and came out the front for service/cleaning.

I don't think I have any of the drawings hanging around still but it's not a super hard job. Just time consuming and unusual. Expect it to be more expensive than a "normal" thread mount or three lug option.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Take care in choosing a suppressor as some (baffled ones like my rimfire cans) require access from the breech end to knock the baffles out of the tube. A monocore would not have this issue as long as it can be removed once fouled from the endcap on the muzzle end. My rimfire cans (I made them way back...) would not work in this instance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom