• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    So you dont think it was just the ammo?
    I never shot cmp so I was always using my own ammo. At club level matches, I never saw anyone who won High Power (and definitely never Palma) shooting anything but handloads.

If you got free ammo, I suppose that might be motivation. Probably not for me, though. After seeing guys trying to clean rifles shot with scuzzy stuff (corrosive), no way. If it was the newer Greek stuff (hxp) maybe. Could I lie and show them a 1903 to get the free ammo then belt it up for a 1917 or 1919?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The key thing that I was taught in the military is build your shooting position using bone. Bone doesn't get tired. Muscle builds lactic acid, gets tired and shaky.

I keep seeing modern AR/M-series shooters using an unsupported/offhand stance while standing or moving forward where the supporting arm (on the handguard) is extended far forward, grasping the foregrip much closer to the end of the barrel than I'm used to doing. I've seen it done with and without the add-on, T foregrip.

This is totally counterintuitive to me because it appears that the supporting arm is using all muscle to stabilize the rifle, which would be shaky after a period of time. What am I missing here? What's the technique? Why is this the preferred stance now?

I'd appreciate your insights.
    Because it's faster to come up on target and you don't need quarter sized group accuracy to hit center mass on a human being, Support hand more forward allows better control over windage error.
    A properly adjusted sling with your support arm and your strong grip keep the rifle into your shoulder pocket.

Don't mix slow fire aimed marksmanship skills comingle with your self defense shooting skills.

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    Fat jiggles…. I’m in trouble now…
    d4c609a0645908a9f28f9105789b5eb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members