• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    All -

Turning to the collective MDS skill set to see if someone here can help us with a couple of projects or recommend someone with whom you've worked before and would contract with again.

Project 1

In the fall of 2001, I built this 40' x 24' timbered play area to hold a rainbow play systems swing set for my four girls. As you can see, the playset no longer exists as the girls are now in HS and college and we would like to have the timbers removed and hauled away and the flat area returned to it's original condition.

When I built the area, I rented a bobcat and what ever dirt I removed to make the area level, i used to back fill in around the near side so i'm hopeful that no fill will be needed. Not opposed to it, just hopeful is all....

Project 2

As part of the regrading the play area to original, we'd like to have the swale which runs the width of the property modified so that it is more defined and does a better job of carrying the surface water from the right of the pictures to the left hand side of the property. Just to the left of the play area is an open area which feeds the SWM pond 300 yards down 'stream'. As the property stands today, the swale 'trumpets' and flattens out so the surface water slows to the point where it doesn't carry off the property.

This creates for a 'constant bog' in the backyard which breeds mosquitos, allows the mower to rut the yard and now that we have a dog, makes for quite messy play sessions as she comes back in muddy.

Project 3

Given where we sit in the neighborhood and the elevation of our neighbors, we take a lot of drainage from the surrounding properties. Fixing the swale in project 2 will help with the drainage issue, but I'd also like to bury the down spouts on the rear of the house (plus the sump pump discharge).

Getting more surface water off the turf and into the gully will help the yard remain usable. If project 2's outcome is sufficient, then this part of the project doesn't have to be that involved, but the sump discharge clearly contributes to the 'backyard bog' and needs to be addressed.

Project 4

Backfill is needed at one section of the foundation where settlement has occurred. You can see the original grade line where the foundation is parged and there is a 'dirt line'.

Would prefer to do business with a MDS member but will take recommendations as well - as always - thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom