• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The one way a longer barrel MIGHT show better accuracy is with iron sights.

Only because of the longer sighting radius.

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    Great to hear from you Ed. Info packed posts as always. I miss seeing you at Mayberry buddy... Hope things are well down in Louisa and that the lines of trainees are long.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Don't put unfounded limits on yourself or anyone else. You may not actually know what you are capable of yourself and you definitely do not know my capabilities.
    Nor do you know mine or was even talking to you for that matter. If he asked the question,he doesn't know. Therefore it can and he can,he just hasn't done it yet. your nostrals could use a trim!

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    The one way a longer barrel MIGHT show better accuracy is with iron sights.

Only because of the longer sighting radius.
    Definitely true. :thumbsup:

If we want to take shooter error out of the question, we would assume there isn't any.
    Nor do you know mine or was even talking to you for that matter....
    If private conversation was the intent, you should use PMs or get a room. This is a public, open forum where anything one says not specifically directed to an individual goes to everyone on the thread.
    ...If he asked the question,he doesn't know. Therefore it can and he can,he just hasn't done it yet. your nostrals could use a trim!
    :D As could yours. If a rifle that probably shoots around 2 MOA exceeds your own capabilities, as you said yourself, then why would you attempt to post "constructive" comments on a thread discussing the RIFLE's potential for precision? I don't know either.

Seriously, many people place limits on themselves based on misconceptions that will prevent achieving top performance. It's the #1 hurdle to overcome when trying to improve from a plateau. If one starts out saying "Oh, I can't do it!", then of course they can't. Bad enough to condemn one's own potential (without knowing the truth) and it's simply not fair to impose those imaginary limits on others too.

Hey Ragnar, hey JB! :thumbsup:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The problem is, if you cannot shoot better than 2 MOA, and have a 2 MOA rifle, then you have SYSTEM that can only shoot 4 MOA.

In some ways, a worse shooter needs a better rifle. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom