• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Joe...ntour_5_56_416_Stainles_p/jb-16-gov-416ss.htm

JB-16-GOV-416SS-2.jpg

JB-16-GOV-416SS-3.jpg

JB-16-GOV-416SS-5.jpg

JoeBobOutfitters 16" Government Contour 5.56 416 Stainless Steel Barrel- 1/8 Twist

JoeBobOutfitters' match stainless barrels are made to our custom specifications right here in the USA! These barrels are button rifled for excellent accuracy, with a beautifully machined exterior, and threaded 1/2x28" for all popular muzzle device compatibility and suppressor use. We tuned the gas port size to offer excellent reliability with 5.56 or .223 ammo without being over-gassed.

Specs:
    *Barrel Length: 16″
    *Gas Block Seat: .750" with a 1.9" gas block seating to allow use of any standard or micro gas blocks
    *Rifling: 1 in 8 Twist Six Groove Button Rifled
    *Weight: 29oz
    *Stainless Steel: 416
    *Light barrel contour under handguard (.680")
    *Heavy barrel contour forward of gas block (.740") to muzzle
    *Feed Ramps: M4 Barrel Extension-Heat Treated & Polished 4140 Chrome Moly
    *Gas System: Mid-length
    *Gas Port Size: .076"
    *Chamber: 5.56MM (Will reliably shoot 5.56 or 223 ammo)
    *Finish: Bright Stainless, CNC machine turned
    *Twist: 1:8 RH
    *Thread Pitch: 1⁄2×28"
    *Engraved "JBO 5.56 NATO 1:8"

Proudly Made in the USA!

Solid barstock for our barrels is received at our barrel manufacturer's shop and then the manufacturer does all cutting, profiling, and button rifling under 1 roof. Bar stock is all from USA steel mills and is stress received and certified for hardness prior to barrel production.

I got one of these from Joebob a few weks ago. Things have been super busy for me but I found time to do a partial writeup thus far. I have fired about 400 Rounds through it thus far, with Magpul P Mags, Lancer Mags, with, and without a YHM 7.62 Q.D. Sound Suppressor (Using a Spikes ST-T2 Buffer and Colt Carbine Buffer Spring and Gieselle Trigger.)

I havent taken it to paper and Ill update this post once I do, but I have test fired it at the Shop in the Test Trap and here are my findings.

-The .750 Gas Block Seat .750" allowed me to easily install and cross pin a Low Profile Vlror Gas Block. Sometimes manufacturers oversize this area making Gas Blocks somewhat hard to install unless you turn the diameter down or Hone the Gas Block. This wasnt the case with the JBO Barrel.

-The Barrel Extension was snug but NOT Oversized like I see from some Aftermarket Barrels of late. I tried it on 4 Upper Receivers and only had to push it in with moderate force. This this is a good thing.

-The 416 Stainless Steel, .680 Light Contour Barrel was as light as I expected and had a nice "Brushed Stainless" finish. This type of Finish will fight rust/corrosion better than a Bead Blasted/Matte Stainless Finish will.

-The Feed Ramps were cut VERY well. Many Aftermarket Barrels are overly Sharp, Rough, and can vary so much in Geomerty that they can result in Feeding Issues. I tried this Barrel on 4 Diferent Striped Upper Receivers with no issues with Ramp Geometry. Most often, improperly cut Ramps will result in a condition I call a "Clicker". This means the Barrel Extension Ramps are slightly longer then the Upper Receiver Ramps (Like a Shingle on a Roof) and wont allow proper feeding or cause jams with certain projectiles. The Ramps are not "Mirror" polished but are definately smooth and dont need polishing. They look better than many Factory Barrels from places like Noveske which are rough and Bead Blasted and often need blending.

-The Mid-Length Gas System with JoeBobs Speced Gas Port Size made the gun a soft and reliable shooter. The Gas Ports measured .075-.076" and as advertised did not undergass or overgass the weapon when I used a BCM and Spikes M16 BCG. It was slightly overgassed with a YHM 7.62 Sound Suppressor but theres NO Fixed Gas System AR that wont overgas when you mount a Sound Suppressor if it was properly Gassed previously.

-The Chamber is VERY Smooth (No Rough Machinging/Honing/Reaming), and allows every brand of 5.56 and .223 Remington ammunition of multiple Projectile Weights that I have put through it. (Black Hills, Winchester, Tula, Privi, and Hornady).This Chamber allows easy Feeding, Extraction, and wen you manually insert a Round it will NOT stick in the Chamber and will Fall Free with Gravity.

-Threading is VERY Precise. When the Barrel is turned in the Lathe it only has about .001 of Thread to Bore Runout on my example. This means users should have no worries about installing a Sound Suppressor.

-JBO Engraving is inconspiciuos and looks good.

-The Barrel runs $200.00 with Free Shipping and was a breeze to install and gave me NO installation issues whatsoever like many other Barrels do. You get ALOT of Barrel fo the price.

Ill update with Pictures and Range Results once I get to an outdoor range.

Great Product thus far JoeBob! :thumbsup:

More to come...............

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Hmm, I think I may become a little lighter in the wallet soon.

I'll (possibly) be sold once I hear a range report and how it prints.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Joebob has been a godsend for the community, easy website to navigate and a lot good quality stuff under one roof. Nothing is more annoying that splitting an order up among 2 or 3 vendors, JBO doesn't seem to have this problem, now all we need is all the other vendors to provide stock. Good job JBO!!!!

Logan

Feb 8, 2012
    Nice barrel, will be happy when it's back in stock. Anyone know the current discount code for MDShooters on JoeBobsOutfitter.com?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom