• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    No one is going door to door looking for them. While the ATF has been known to occasionally haunt a range or two looking for malfeasants, I don't think it's common and doubt they'd be trying to get the spooky shooters. I haven't heard of any enforcement yet. I doubt we ever will.

This law I think is more of a chilling law, scaring the law abiding into compliance, without the effort of putting money and manpower into compliance checks. I can't see how it is conceivably constitutional. Tyranny, as usual. Unless you get rolled up in some other legal action I doubt you'll ever have a problem.

We all have our own tolerances for risk and tyranny. You probably can't legally fix the issue. So comply by getting rid of them, or be a scoundrel by ignoring the law. I doubt many here will judge you.

YMMV. Not legal advice. Don't call me for bail money.
    I hear you. But shall one of us with such "ghost" weapons ever has to resort to defend life or property with them, we are toast. Not that I have any such weapons.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    The way it was written any existing 80% receivers, finished or not, had to be serialized and/or registered before the deadline (depending on how it was serialized). Completely handmade guns (like 3d printed or pipe guns, etc.) can still be built and you have 30 days to get them serialized. So it depends on which type pf PMF you are talking about. 80% is likely near impossible. A completely handmade design would be easier, but even so it's going to be tough to find an FFL who knows that caveat and is willing to touch them.
    Yeah but that's my point. If you are an expat gone for a few years, or a military member stationed overseas, you will return to MD being a potential felon and being absolutely unaware of these draconian laws.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I hear you. But shall one of us with such "ghost" weapons ever has to resort to defend life or property with them, we are toast. Not that I have any such weapons.
    Now, understanding that I absolutely, always, without fail, religiously and faithfully follow all the legal (clearly constitutional) whims of all of our psychopathic elite betters, I'll propose a near science fiction absurd option, just for hypothetical fun...

Don't plan on using the phantasm phirearms for normal self defense. Get yourself a (or better yet, many) fully legal, approved, socially correct(ish) weapon for your normal de-thuging use. Any whimsically theoretical Caspers can be set aside for pure mechanical and noisy fun and as a backup just in case some official, stereotypically wearing stout high boots, were to "temporarily" relocate your primary collection, as a pure act of good will and for the general good, to a more secure location.

Of course, I'm just being silly... :innocent0

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    Now, understanding that I absolutely, always, without fail, religiously and faithfully follow all the legal (clearly constitutional) whims of all of our psychopathic elite betters, I'll propose a near science fiction absurd option, just for hypothetical fun...

Don't plan on using the phantasm phirearms for normal self defense. Get yourself a (or better yet, many) fully legal, approved, socially correct(ish) weapon for your normal de-thuging use. Any whimsically theoretical Caspers can be set aside for pure mechanical and noisy fun and as a backup just in case some official, stereotypically wearing stout high boots, were to "temporarily" relocate your primary collection, as a pure act of good will and for the general good, to a more secure location.

Of course, I'm just being silly... :innocent0
    10-4. Roger. Aye Aye. Copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom