• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Does Joe Bob's price match? I spotted a Timney trigger I was going to order over at SWFA for $30 less.

thanks

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Did you factor in shipping costs and your MD shooters 5% discount?

I've seen a few things cheaper on the retail price at other sites but once I factored in shipping, the MD discount and the t-shirt, Joe Bob came out ahead!

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    You're right, I thought SWFA had free shipping but they don't. Joe Bob's is only $6 more and they actually know if their items are in stock. ;)

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    JB gets the money when it comes down to that kind of money. Having shopped all over for good deals only to hang out waiting for the backorders to fill with no know. Or expected or even guess of a ship date.

He has it in stock. Or he let's you know up front.

RDF5186

Feb 26, 2012
    HARFORD CO
    As someone who spends a lot of time price checking Joe Bob usually comes out in top , shipping is super fast , usually ships same day. Plus we need to support our IP.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    JB gets the money when it comes down to that kind of money. Having shopped all over for good deals only to hang out waiting for the backorders to fill with no know. Or expected or even guess of a ship date.

He has it in stock. Or he let's you know up front.

:thumbsup:

We TRY to offer good availability (if at all possible) and we INVEST in our inventory, employees, and infrastructure to ship fast. We also try to have very competitive pricing (but maybe not always the lowest) with quick, free shipping on most orders. Many dealers can take an order, but take weeks to fulfill it because they haven't made investments internally. We order Timney AR triggers, for instance, dozens at a time to ensure availability for customers. Not just onsie twosie. Obviously it costs us more to do so, but we feel its worth it. Maintaining a higher than normal inventory level at times is crucial to ensure we can ride the roller coaster of the demand curve at times and keep product shipping out quick, and still in stock for the next guy.

The first thing I've learned about eCommerce (and retail in general) is you'll NEVER be the lowest price, PERIOD. Someone else will always undercut you. However, not all businesses offer good service, or quick service, or extra "feel good" items such as tshirts, and whatnot. We try to offer fair pricing across the board, plus all the other stuff. If we don't make any money, we don't stick around, so we try not to cut our own throat on stuff. We don't want to try to chase our own tail to "earn" someone's business by proving how low we're willing to go.

For this reason we don't do pricematching. Some companies do, or have a 110% pricematch guarentee, etc. However, we feel this encourages customers to go back and forth between retailers essentially knocking margins down to nothing, and make it not even worth the time answering the phone. GOOD customers generally stick to GOOD retailers, IMO. Customers who buy on simply price alone generally aren't very loyal to businesses or see the bigger picture. Obviously some people see this differently, but that's IMO.

Some businesses like Cabelas gouge hard, or Cheaper than Dirt jack prices up "because they can". We don't do that, ever. We just try to have good service all the time, and competitive pricing.

Really? Damn... I should have a whole wardrobe of them by now.

JoeBob Gear

That would have been nice to know a few hundred dollars ago! :banghead:

Freebie stuff is available at the above link. Gotta add one to your cart or mention it in the order notes what size you want. We don't throw em in unless a customer tells us for sure. We don't want to throw an XL shirt in for a 3XL guy, or for a Medium guy either.

We don't send freebie stuff out after the fact, however, we'll always double up your next order. Mention it in the order notes you forgot to get a free shirt on a previous order and we'll get you 2 in that order.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    T-shirt? I never get a t-shirt. :(

This:confused: My most recent order was $288 so if I order another $100 I can get 2 T shirts? Man, I'm F-ing up left and right. Forgot the coupon, no T shirt time to bang my head against the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom