• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • enginenerd

Jul 10, 2013
    I guess from the perspective of the MSP the criteria for getting an HQL :mad54: is much the same as the criteria for getting a handgun prior to 10/1.

A couple of questions:

1. Do we know of any reasons that the HQL could be disapproved that also would not have resulted in someones inability to purchase a handgun before 10/1?

2. a. Since the HQL has to get renewed, if you are disapproved for the renewal, does this prevent you from getting additional handguns?

b. Or do you then have to turn in everything you acquired from the beginning of the HQL.

c. Or do you have to turn in all of your firearms?

Thanks!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    All very good questions but best to be left unthunkabout for now.

We're still trying to wrap our heads around the present.

The future will have to be thought about, well, in the future.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    I guess from the perspective of the MSP the criteria for getting an HQL :mad54: is much the same as the criteria for getting a handgun prior to 10/1.

A couple of questions:

1. Do we know of any reasons that the HQL could be disapproved that also would not have resulted in someones inability to purchase a handgun before 10/1?

2. a. Since the HQL has to get renewed, if you are disapproved for the renewal, does this prevent you from getting additional handguns?

b. Or do you then have to turn in everything you acquired from the beginning of the HQL.

c. Or do you have to turn in all of your firearms?

Thanks!

1. HQL is a shall issue license. If you could get a gun before 10/1 you should be able to get a license after 10/1.

2. If you get denied for the license (You fail your background check) you will not be able to buy a handgun, or really any gun since background checks are required on all guns in this state.

a,b,c. I have no idea. If you fail your current background check it is hit or miss on if they will investigate you or not. Out of the million+ people that have failed their background checks nationally, only like 17 of them have been prosecuted.

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    as I understand it - IMHO

a HQL just gives you the opportunity to put money towards a handgun

a background check will be done before you can take "possesion" of the actual gun just like pre 10/1

HQL is not a change - it is an addition

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I think what he is trying to say is this:

Will we have our firearms confiscated if we can't pass future HQL renewals?

If we can't pass a background check then we have no right to own firearms that require a passed background check.

It's simple and straight forward and it's worth thinking about.

Personally, I see them doing it.

You already see them going in and checking 20 year old receords and then confiscating guns because of a fist fight when a guy was 21 years old.

With Libtards, it's never what it appears to be. The HQL may hold problems for some down the road.

PS: I think the repeal of don't ask don't tell is so someone can't say their gay to get out of military service/draft when WWIII starts.

I think what he is trying to say is this:

Will we have our firearms confiscated if we can't pass future HQL renewals?

If we can't pass a background check then we have no right to own firearms that require a passed background check.

It's simple and straight forward and it's worth thinking about.

Personally, I see them doing it.

You already see them going in and checking 20 year old receords and then confiscating guns because of a fist fight when a guy was 21 years old.

With Libtards, it's never what it appears to be. The HQL may hold problems for some down the road.

PS: I think the repeal of don't ask don't tell is so someone can't say their gay to get out of military service/draft when WWIII starts.

+1
    Not directly related to the HQL,but how many stories (whether true or not) have popped up here on MDS regarding previously "not prohibited",being questioned or otherwise later on? :tinfoil:

enginenerd

Jul 10, 2013
    For the time being, we don't need an HQL to own a handgun, just to buy one. There are no additional background checks that would indicate your disqualification, unless you want to buy more.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    If you do something that would cause you to fail a firearms background check in many if not most cases it will be something that would prohibit possession anyway. The offense its self would make it illegal not the lack of HQL. If you become a prohibited person you better get rid of your guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom