• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    It’s not that big of a deal to do your own fingerprints. Order the cards off Amazon. Lot’s of people do their own.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It’s not that big of a deal to do your own fingerprints. Order the cards off Amazon. Lot’s of people do their own.

It's also easy to go to a local LEO for fingerprints. If you do roll your own, see if you can get a friend to help. Rolling your own fingerprints is a PITA to get it right.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    If you use the correct card, the ATF ain’t all that picky about what the prints look like. Most rejected prints seem to be due to being on the wrong print cards.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Also saw DIY fingerprint kits now on Amazon, are those kosher as well? It’s been a long time since I did a physical card (20yrs or so), thought there was some certification that had to be filled out on cards but I could be wrong?

Yes. I bought one and used it for my last SBR. It is kind of hard to roll the prints by yourself so if you can get someone to assist it will save you some time. I think it took me like 4 tries before I got a good set of prints.

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    I see your location says Glen Burnie. I'm also in Glen Burnie and have the fingerprint cards and ink. PM me and you can stop by to do them for free if you'd like.

hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    There are too many moving parts and it's too early in my opinion.

there are 2 or 3 Supreme Court opinions which will be handed out by June which will affect whether the ATF can actually go through with this.

we will probably get some kind of guidance on Maryland's assault weapons ban which probably will get thrown out so the 29 and a 1/2 inch requirement will no longer apply.

You have to figure out your points to see what you have is actually illegal once the rule comes out.

At which point you can take the brace off and decide what to do.

I don't see upside to pre-emptively filing a form one for rules that may not ever go into effect.

What SCOTUS cases are you referring to? I know NYSRPA vs Bruen may help with CCW in MD, but has nothing to do with ATF.

GOA vs Garland is one that could help us, but I don't believe it has been taken up yet? Bianchi vs Frosh also has yet to be taken up. So I don't think either of these would be out in June.

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    So if no brace just a straight tube is /will/ may be ok?

pre-brace AR pistols

a5ce70bd0fd4e6bf23d520d23bcb3347.jpg

Nothing here resembles a stock

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    pre-brace AR pistols

a5ce70bd0fd4e6bf23d520d23bcb3347.jpg

Nothing here resembles a stock
    The years they were the only option I had zero desire to own one. Then came the brace and still I had zero desire to own one. Then ATF said you can shoulder the brace and I got on board. At that time I said this make the SBR NFA deal kinda ridiculous. And look at us now. I’m not doing anything until the ink is dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom