• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    The company I work for needs someone to build wood crates and pallets used to ship large parts and equipment.
    I am going to copy and paste the job description from HR. We need someone that can work on their own after a little training. I don't think any real experience is necessary, just be able to read a tape measure and use a table saw, radial arm saw, drill, etc.
    If you know someone that might be interested, I would suggest just emailing the HR person who's email I will add here. Let her know that you heard about the job from John in the Receiving department (me). We are located in the armpit of Baltimore, Pigtown.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
    • Use various hand tools and machinery to fabricate or repair wooden boxes of diverse sizes and use.
    • Utilize measuring tools and rules to establish the size/dimension of a woodwork project.
    • Read drawings of parts.
    • Crate parts for shipment.
    • With the aid of pencils and scribers, mark or indicate cutting lines on a wood material.
    • May require operation of power tools such as power saw, sander, and lathe.
    • Cut wood materials into varying sizes/shape using power or bandsaws; also assemble wood parts with the aid of nail guns, power stapler and glue to fabricate boxes into desired shape and size.
    • Mark box size on ends of crates.
    • Oversee the selection and purchase of various wood types required for box making projects.
    • Operate forklift.
    • Perform duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards
    Education and/or Experience

Carpentry and woodworking experience preferred.

Physical Demands

The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.

Work Environment

The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom