• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    I saw the ps90 is on the handgun roster. Does that mean I can buy one in the original configuration? Do I have to pin and weld a longer flash hider to get it to over 29" ? If I can own it as a handgun , does that mean I can sbr it? I am a little confused.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Handguns are exempt from the 29" rule. But I woundnt consider the 90 a handgun, it's a bullpup carbine in my book. I've seen stranger things in Maryland, so. .. If it's on the handgun roster, Maryland considers it a pistol - which again is exempt.

Great gun by the way.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Handguns are exempt from the 29" rule. But I woundnt consider the 90 a handgun, it's a bullpup carbine in my book. I've seen stranger things in Maryland, so. .. If it's on the handgun roster, Maryland considers it a pistol - which again is exempt.

Great gun by the way.

Not exactly. SBRs have to be on the handgun roster. MD says you have to keep SBRs over 29". There is not pistol PS90, just the SBR, which is a handgun (but not a pistol).

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Yeah, that makes so much sense... :sad20:

Not doubting u, just a comment on how dumb the laws are.

Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    So I am assuming by the response that I can buy a PS90 that is over >29" because it is on the handgun roster but it is not a handgun. Also if I SBR it, I still have to meet the >29" requirement which the non SBR version doesn't do. So there is not such thing as a MD legal PS90 SBR. I mean you could if you put a different stock on it that extended the back end another 6"

This is so retarded.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I don't have any SBR's or any other NFA items, so I don't know or follow any of that. The PS90 isn't a handgun; not sure what it means if Maryland puts it on their handgun roster. Then again, they tried to say some shotguns and pistols were 'assault weapons'; nothing this state can do anymore can surprise me.

Assault is a verb. You can be assaulted with marshmallows.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I don't have any SBR's or any other NFA items, so I don't know or follow any of that. The PS90 isn't a handgun; not sure what it means if Maryland puts it on their handgun roster. Then again, they tried to say some shotguns and pistols were 'assault weapons'; nothing this state can do anymore can surprise me.

Assault is a verb. You can be assaulted with marshmallows.

Under part of MD law, an SBR is a handgun. So to sell one of them, it has to be on the handgun roster.

But now, MD is saying it has to be at least 29" long, even if SBR, so while the P90 is on the roster, there is no legal version available for sale in MD.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Under part of MD law, an SBR is a handgun. So to sell one of them, it has to be on the handgun roster.

But now, MD is saying it has to be at least 29" long, even if SBR, so while the P90 is on the roster, there is no legal version available for sale in MD.

Thanks for the explination.

Clear as mud (them, not you).

I would recommend we revert to just federal law on all these issues. Do away with the handgun roster and have no regulated or banned firearms. Prosecute criminals for behavior. I really like West Virginias language in their Constitutional Carry bill

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I would recommend we revert to just federal law on all these issues. Do away with the handgun roster and have no regulated or banned firearms. Prosecute criminals for behavior. I really like West Virginias language in their Constitutional Carry bill

What ARE you smoking? :lol2:

How long have you lived in this state?

If there were to be a Federal carry permit, MD would try to pass a law to not honor it.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    What ARE you smoking? :lol2:

How long have you lived in this state?

If there were to be a Federal carry permit, MD would try to pass a law to not honor it.

Wishful thinking?

Who would have ever thought we would stand a real chance at going Shall-Issue, or that Illinois would, or that WVA would go Constitutional Carry, or that it would be possible to get a permit in DC? Who would believe we would ever have a Republican governor?

I'm suggesting we go no further than removing the 'banned' list and roster and revert to federal law. This a a peaceful long term objective... naturally. :)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The PS90 being on the handgun roster list is an artifact of a short time when there were pre-10/1/13 SBRs that were still being transferred after the cut-off date. The MSP then decided that all transferred SBRs needed to be on the roster because SBRs are handguns, so some otherwise unsalable SBRs wound up on there.

Long story made short, you cannot buy a PS90 SBR anymore. It does not meet OAL, and being on the roster does not fix that problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom