• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    I would like to use a Noveske KX3 on my up coming build if an whne they ever produce them again. I plan on attaching it to a 14.5 in barrel that I will have pinned. What do you folks think of this plan?

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I personally don't think it's a good plan. I don't even think they're recommended for any barrel over 12.5".

What are you trying to achieve by using the KX3? Depending on what you're looking for, there are better and cheaper options.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    No reason other than I like the look of them on the rifle. This for my personal rifle. As I have only shot a stock 6920 with an a2 flash suppressor I have no clue what the others on the market offer. I do want something that aids control if possible.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I wouldn't buy a muzzle device based on looks alone. I was thinking about using one for the SBR I'm in the process of completing. They were pretty much made for SBR's because of the weight they add to the front. They help balance out a short barrel.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As I understand ; the two main charistics are : Redirect muzzle blast directly downrange , and away from shooter. Increase backpressure for improved reliability on certain short bbl gas systems, similar to the effect of a supressor.

Multiple other designs will direct blast downrange.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    They are often misused. They are for guns that have insufficient dwell time/undergassed.

You should ONLY add one if the weapon wont cycle properly.

Adding one will GROSSLY overgass your weapon if its not needed and accelerate wear, at worst the Receiver Extension can fail and lodge the Buffer in your shoulder.

Barrel length has little significance on wether it should be used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom