Non regulated firearm transfer to PA resident?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmt476

Jan 16, 2013
    I'm sure this has been covered, but I couldn't seem to find anything.....I'm looking to sell a non regulated rifle to a PA resident? What is the correct process for me to do this? Is an FFL required?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    All firearms sales between residents of diff states must go through an FFL in the buyers state.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    All firearms sales between residents of diff states must go through an FFL in the buyers state.

Not exactly correct.

All firearms sales between residents of two different states must go through an FFL.

And the buyer must be physically present at the FFL to take possession. The seller does not (seller could ship the firearm to the FFL).

But there is nothing in the law that says the FFL has to be in the buyer or the sellers state.

So you could sell a long gun, to a PA resident, using an FFL in Arizona, if the buyer was physically at the FFL in Arizona.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Are gifts different? Can I buy a shotgun in MD and give it to someone in VA?

No. All interstate transfers of ownership fall under the same rules.

Unless the firearm was made in or before 1898, or is a muzzleloader.

Or the purchaser has a C&R and the firearm is a C&R.

OP. You may use an FFL in any state for this transfer, so it could take place in MD or PA, but it has to go through an FFL (unless an exception discussed in this thread applies.)

FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    Here's one for you.

Say two Maryland residents are on a dream hunt in Texas. One offers the other to purchase his rifle right there on the spot. Can they do a FTF transfer in Texas, or do they have to wait until they get back to Maryland.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Here's one for you.

Say two Maryland residents are on a dream hunt in Texas. One offers the other to purchase his rifle right there on the spot. Can they do a FTF transfer in Texas, or do they have to wait until they get back to Maryland.

Why would either one of them want to come back to Maryland?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom