• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I have been using one sling for all my henrys and other rifles. So, I decided to make one for the Henrys. I made some buffalo nickel Chicago screw to hole the sling on the mounts and the adjustment strap. Died the leather with some natural die I made from black walnut husk. Still a rookie but getting better.

newsling1.jpg

Attachments

• newsling2.jpg
      newsling2.jpg
      298.3 KB · Views: 34

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Looks great. I was gifted three large tackle boxes of leather tools and a bunch of leather. I'll start dabbling after I address some more critical and not so trivial projects.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Looks great. I was gifted three large tackle boxes of leather tools and a bunch of leather. I'll start dabbling after I address some more critical and not so trivial projects.
    I was gifted an entire leather smith's tool and many hides 3 years ago. He was a good friend and neighbor but sadly passed due to cancer. His wife and adult children did not want any of the leather stuff. His wife knew I use to dabble in leather 50 years ago when I was and E-4 in the USCG. So, she gifted me everything the only thing I purchased was a Cowboy Pro sewing machine from Tandy leather.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Nice work

Leather slings are harder to find nowadays so you could probably sell them if you had a mind to

Raven-lab

Feb 15, 2013
    Catonsville
    That is nice. I am gonna make slings (first time) for my friends for Christmas this year. Using Herman oak veg for top and Herman oak 1881 suede backing with neoprene in between. Gonna do some carving for the first time too on some of them I am dreading the sewing and carving especially - don’t want to mess up the leather since it is so nice

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    That is nice. I am gonna make slings (first time) for my friends for Christmas this year. Using Herman oak veg for top and Herman oak 1881 suede backing with neoprene in between. Gonna do some carving for the first time too on some of them I am dreading the sewing and carving especially - don’t want to mess up the leather since it is so nice
    I have not had the urge to do some carving as I cannot draw a straight line with a parallel rule, so I just do some stamping. I did make another sling to match my knife sheath and inlayed them both with western diamond back rattler skins.
    nsling.jpg
    nsling2.jpg

Raven-lab

Feb 15, 2013
    Catonsville
    I have not had the urge to do some carving as I cannot draw a straight line with a parallel rule, so I just do some stamping. I did make another sling to match my knife sheath and inlayed them both with western diamond back rattler skins.
    View attachment 452429 View attachment 452430
    I am more of a stick drawing person - but want to at least give it a try after practicing on scraps. One sling will be for 10year old so an inlay would be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom