• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I was inexplicably locked out of my ancient laptop this AM, and tried to access MDS from an even older desktop computer that sees very little use. I hoped that someone would be able to assist me in regaining access to my laptop.

I was unable to log onto MDS, presumably because my password had been changed sometime over the last few years. I attempted to use the password reset function, but every password I tried to enter was rejected, as it had been known to be compromised X times in past.

Note that I used new passwords that they system told me were strong, but they kept getting bounced. I even tried pi to 11 decimal places, but that had supposedly been compromised 137 times, God knows by whom.

I no longer recall the password that my computer knows for the site, so I'm screwedif this happens again without the ability to reset.

So is this a bug, or a "new feature"?

While we're at it, if one of the mods would care to email me a phone number or email address, so that I can get put back if this happens again, I'll be forever (at least until I'm senile) grateful, and I promise never to call/email outside a crisis.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom