• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MMartini1969

NRA Member
    Jun 15, 2013
    Frederick
    Hello All,

I am looking for some suggestions with building 3 new (hopefully) higher end builds for my kids. I purchased the Seekins SP223 Billet lowers. I wanted their matching SP223 uppers but can not find anywhere. Called Seekins and there not even in the system to start any new builds. I don't want to use their other billet uppers because it locks me into their rails. I love the blocky look of the billet uppers. I did find a couple possible replacements (Black Rain and or CMT Tactical). Black Rain is about $250 and CMT is $200, both stripped.

What do you guys think? I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks all!

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Lowers are regulated. Get the regulated pieces. Wait til after 1OCT.

I'd wait for matching uppers.

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    Hello All,

I am looking for some suggestions with building 3 new (hopefully) higher end builds for my kids. I purchased the Seekins SP223 Billet lowers. I wanted their matching SP223 uppers but can not find anywhere. Called Seekins and there not even in the system to start any new builds. I don't want to use their other billet uppers because it locks me into their rails. I love the blocky look of the billet uppers. I did find a couple possible replacements (Black Rain and or CMT Tactical). Black Rain is about $250 and CMT is $200, both stripped.

What do you guys think? I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks all!

Seekins makes the SP223 upper which uses any rail. Other 2 versions use their rails. Their in stock at a few places or even check ar15.com. There popping up in both used/new. I waited around 6 months for the irmt3 upper and gave up.

If you going to billet route, check out Midwest Industries. It's a new release and looks like it will match nicely.

Buy a Noveske.
    What he said.

I built my Special Purpose Rifle - Groundhog on a Noveske matched set and a Lilja barrel. The BCG is a Young's Manufacturing match set. BTW, what happened to those guys?

I then came across another matched set and built my .300 Blackout on it. It uses a Noveske barrel and Failzero BCG.

I wish I had another set, but they are rare as teeth on a chicken.

MMartini1969

NRA Member
    Jun 15, 2013
    Frederick
    High End?

High end?

Personal defense? Hunting? High power? 3 gun?

Definitely something that is 100% reliable. Personal defense if necessary.This rifle or (3) rifles I am looking to pass down to my children. Something they would be proud to say their Dad built. I will be getting Cerekote work done on all three rifles for a Wow factor.

Thanks for everyone suggestions. Been great!

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    If it's something to be passed down do it right the first time. Get a Knights Armament, BCM, LMT, Colt, Daniel Defense, Noveske or LWRC.

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom