• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Artillarylover

Nov 5, 2016
    Hey, so I need some help, I have a traditions black powner pioneer I got for a bunch of back packing fuel canisters. I have been interested in bow hunting and archery in general. A guy on Craigslist ofurred to trade a PSE LD280 with 5 carbon arrows with practice tips and 2 aluminum arrows with broad heads. a release mechanism and the hard case goes with it.

Is this a worth while trade. Is it a good compound bow. I can't find information for it on the PSE site.

Also what should I be looking for to make sure it's in good shape.

Thanks for your help

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    Not 100% on PSE but that's probably a 20+ year old bow (not knocking it,I still shoot a Bear Whitetail ll and a Legend) but I'd guess the value at 150-180.

It's a mid 90s bow, worth 100 bucks max if the string is in decent shape. A new string will cost about $100 if it's needed. How much is your gun worth?

Not 100% on PSE but that's probably a 20+ year old bow (not knocking it,I still shoot a Bear Whitetail ll and a Legend) but I'd guess the value at 150-180.

It's a mid 90s bow, worth 100 bucks max if the string is in decent shape. A new string will cost about $100 if it's needed. How much is your gun worth?

Only replying since you quoted me,20+ yrs. old would put it around 95-96,no? $100 string? I'd use a a pointy stick if they cost that much.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    I would not buy(or trade for) a bow that old, especially not knowing if it was even the right size. A bow is very size specific to the person using it. Measurements must be taken for a proper fit(draw length). If you are interested in starting into archery, go to a pro shop and buy one of the used consignment bows they usually have on hand. At least then, you'll be able, in most cases, to shoot it.

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    I would not buy(or trade for) a bow that old, especially not knowing if it was even the right size. A bow is very size specific to the person using it. Measurements must be taken for a proper fit(draw length). If you are interested in starting into archery, go to a pro shop and buy one of the used consignment bows they usually have on hand. At least then, you'll be able, in most cases, to shoot it.

Very good point, my draw is 29.5" and I have friends that are at 26". It could cost you more to get the bow set up for you than it's even worth.

And a friend of mine just got his bow restringed and it cost just under $100. They're not cheap.

A consignment bow would be a great idea, or at least go to a local shop and have them measure your draw so you know what length to look for.

Also, brand new PSEs and the like can be had for $3-400. Just throwing it out there.

I personally have more money in my bow than any of my rifles, so I'm biased haha. I have a Hoyt Carbon Spyder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom