NAACP: We need more foot soldiers (wheres my CCW?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    By only checking in periodically I seem to be often behind the curve.

Back at #12 the statement was made to be effect of guns being taboo in the "Black Community " .But then most of the thread discusses upon *inner city disadvantaged ghettos* . Well from my personal experience I can say things are a lot more diverse (literal sense) than that.

In the stable rural area that I live gun ownership and shooting is pretty much equivalent between Blacks , Whites , and the odd Piscatway.

Likewise among my direct and indirect coworkers ( drawn from within the whole larger region decent to pretty good pay , career oriented ) the intrest in guns and shooting is again roughly equiv thru all ethnic groups ( asian and hispanic in there too) .

IMHO, I think most of the discussion is about the inner city because of the information in the article that began the thread. IMHO, in some inner city areas guns are "taboo" and only seen in the hand of police, and criminals. The inner city representatives in Annapolis are largely anti-gun, not because of party affiliations but because of the culture they hail from. The other anti-gun reps are well, toting the party line on guns.

the gun control act of '68, and the Mulford Act during the 60's laid the ground work for the anti gunners. I believe that you are right, that pro gunners exist is decent numbers in all cultures across the state. Unfortunately all the Dem reps block pro gun legislation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom