• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    So today I was running the roads and headed up to Jamison, Pennsylvania to purchase a Springfield m1a loaded walnut stock blued barrel.

Sorry no pictures camera on my phone was acting up.

By then proceeded back to Delaware and picked up this

uhysedyj.jpg

gugu6ebu.jpg

Daniel Defense DD4V1 LW.

Now to wait till I hear from the FFL to fill out the paper work, then an impatient wait on MSP.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Eugene13

Apr 3, 2013
    Psshhh, jealous. Nice lookin DD, I have a v5 myself and wish I could afford a m1a before 10/1

patriot001

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 2, 2013
    How do yall buy guns outta state? Va has always had a better selection/prices than Md, but unfortunately I reside in Md. Nice gun btw

Leviathan

Jun 14, 2012
    From my understanding you either have to be a legal resident of that state to take posession for regulated purchases if not transfer to a MD FFL and wait. :( Unless it's cash & carry then you're good.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Since both are regulated in MD they must be transferred ti a MD FFL.

If not, then it is a 15 min NICS check and you are out the door with your purchase.

I had to do some shuffling of funds to get both of these before Oct 1. So it was either now or never.

patriot001

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 2, 2013
    But do you have to wait 90+ days to f Owe Mao li? Wait that didn't sound right do you have to wait 90+ days to exercise your 2a rights?

MPDickerson101

MPDickerson101
    Jan 30, 2012
    Gotham City (Baltimore)
    Tanner's has nice prices...I paid a sweet price for an FNX-45T from them. I love their Facebook "up to the day" announcements of what they have coming in. Been thinking about taking a ride up there when I have a free day. BTW - I was eyeing that M1A's they have on their GB site for awhile - Congrats on your purchases!

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Question for M1A owners. Is the Springfield Armory the only manufacturer of the M1A? Are there other brands available? Been sort of collecting Garand style action rifles and want a M1A (would really like a true M14 like I carried in the Navy but doubt that will happen). Ruger dangled out a prototype, the XGI years back but I don't think it ever made it to production. Just a tease, we had to settle for the Mini-Thirty. Thanks

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Price for the loaded was $1599.00.

I think Springfield is the only manufacturer producing the M1A at this time.

Edit - Norinco looks to be making these as well. Not sure on the quality.

This is pretty much the semi version of the M14.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Price for the loaded was $1599.00.

I think Springfield is the only manufacturer producing the M1A at this time.

Edit - Norinco looks to be making these as well. Not sure on the quality.

This is pretty much the semi version of the M14.

James River, Fulton Armory, and other smaller outfits also make the M1A but are twice as much as the Springfields but are much better quality plus are actually milspec to the original M14's. Springfield uses their own commercial specs. Springfield Armory is not the same U.S. Springfield Arsenal they just bought the name rights to it when the actual arsenal shut down.

Polytech, not Norinco, hasn't imported them since the 1994 AWB because a permanent feature of the ban banned all Chinese guns and ammo from coming in. I would take a Norinco M1A as of now over a Springfield one based on my research.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom