Message to ALL IP'S! 7 day wait allowed to release!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    One thing for sure, I do understand the law, as well as anyone I have seen post to this thread, better than some...

Fred

You may understand the criminal law. You do not appear to understand the standards of practice associated with risk management.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    I'd like to know how many apps submitted to MSP are disapproved.

It would make sense for the FFL to do the NiCS before sending the app to MSP. Call it pre-screening.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    This ^^^^

I hear this can happen for parking tickets...? What about emission checks?

Is the set of databases they check defined in a code/regulation or can they arbitrarily add/modify to find more reasons not to release, further delay? Note I did not include the use of delete in that sentence, am sure they would never do that and list of databases is a one way street -additions...

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    You may understand the criminal law. You do not appear to understand the standards of practice associated with risk management.

I understand standards of practice associated with risk management quite well. I also understand the effects of the Nanny State on business risk management, and how it adversely affects business in a Nanny State, intentional or not recognized by a business. Even though I’m recently retired from a (“the”) major US aircraft manufacture, I still do contract work for them, doing risk assessments and quality assurance, involving hazardous materials procurement and storage. Lou may remember our conversation on that subject when I picked up my Mini-14 tactical a couple of weeks ago. BTW, that gun is a great shooter and if he still has them in stock, grab one---you will not be disappointed.

Fred

Last edited:

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    People can pass a NICS check and fail a MSP check. Happens frequently.

And this happens - why?

The person is legal in most other states, but not MD?

I realize I just crawled out from under a rock, but does this really make sense?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    [/QUOTE]
    And this happens - why?

The person is legal in most other states, but not MD?

I realize I just crawled out from under a rock, but does this really make sense?

Dealers don't get told why people are denied, its a privacy issue.

There are 2 things at play:

MD does not send all data to NICS.

MD is a more thorough check than NICS.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    I'll believe it when I see an official statement from the MSP.

Unfortunately, Maryland is not a part of the United States but has quietly seceded (not counting Federal funds it requests from the rest of the states). This state has demonstrated contempt for U.S. courts, ignored the U.S. Constitution and refused to issue carry permits, opting instead to issue Stays when told that denying a right to carry is counter to the Constitution. Maryland politicians do what they want, for the good of themselves, not what is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom