• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MULE-JK

Stiff Member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Mt. Airy
    Can someone elaborate on 77r or let me know where I can find more info?

I don't think I admitted to breaking any law. I'm not sure exactly when I gave the gun to her. I would have to go back and figure out exactly when I gave it to her, but I know where she lived and know some things that happened around the time, so I could figure it out.

I understand not wanting a ton of inventory, but if I understand everything I have read all of the handguns available now will be legal for sale after 10/1, just not with magazines over 10 rounds and FFL's can still sell the magazines to someone out of state. One of the things that also doesn't seem clear about the magazine law is whether or not it will be legal to purchase 11+ round magazines out of state and bring them back. The way I read the law is it's not legal to transfer ownership in Maryland, but nothing states you can't own or purchase them elsewhere and bring them into Maryland.

Thanks again,
    Gary

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Re : #4 ; As long as the gun never is resold within Md, or otherwise come to attention of LE for any reason , probably not.

The predecessor to 77R's has been in effect for handgun purchases from FFLs since 1966. For Evil Rifles since 1994.

BUT in state private sales w/o gov't involvement were legal until 1996.
    So that would be 17yrs back.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Can you and your aunt make a trip to any MSP barracks? They have all the forms there and can provide instructions as to how to do a transfer from you to her. Have her take the md online safety course (easy to find with a search) beforehand and print the certificate and bring it with her. Both of you bring your drivers licenses. Bring the firearm in a case. Leave it in the trunk, both of you go in and ask them how to proceed with the transfer

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 66

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads