• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You will find laws that say what you can't do and if there are no laws saying you can't then you can.

Go with her to a range that rents guns and let her rent one then you can give her some hands on instruction and coaching. Letting her get comfortable with guns and seeing and talking with other gun people will go a long way to allowing her to believe you when you tell her it is alright to loan a gun.

To expand the second quoted paragraph -

Take her to a good range that rents guns . Have her test fondle most of them;, to see what appears to potentially be a good fit , then rent one Or More foe her to shoot .

If she is either a Friend OR a hot model , step up to being a Shooting Ambassador, and cover the range trip .

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    If she is localish to westminster send me a message. I will take her to littlestown F&G with a selection of guns she can try out. I have a very wide selection of guns she can shoot. You can tell her I am an instructor so using my guns would be legal and we would be in PA anyways. ( the instructor part is real but saying it makes it legal is bs as its legal already ). No range fees but if she shoots a lot cover the ammo costs.

I personally really enjoy taking new shooters out and getting them introduced to handguns. @ShafTed can verify who I am.

Jan 19, 2023
    Westminster
    If she is localish to westminster send me a message. I will take her to littlestown F&G with a selection of guns she can try out. I have a very wide selection of guns she can shoot. You can tell her I am an instructor so using my guns would be legal and we would be in PA anyways. ( the instructor part is real but saying it makes it legal is bs as its legal already ). No range fees but if she shoots a lot cover the ammo costs.

I personally really enjoy taking new shooters out and getting them introduced to handguns. @ShafTed can verify who I am.

We're not at the point of trying different firearms yet.

Right now I just want to teach her the fundamentals of safety. ie: the basic rules, and primarily hammering in muzzle and trigger discipline.

Then understanding firearms and ammunition anatomy, loading and unloading, demonstrating that it's clear, identifying the condition of the firearm (1-4), grip, sighting, and trigger press.

And dry firing for a day or two, before she is comfortable enough to step onto the live fire range.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Pics or it didn't happen.

And I thought I was going to be the first that said:

:needpics:

OP, good to see others getting into firearms, but curious why she's going straight to the W&C course with never touching a gun? I'd get her out to the range and let her get comfortable with a gun before the class.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    We're not at the point of trying different firearms yet.

Right now I just want to teach her the fundamentals of safety. ie: the basic rules, and primarily hammering in muzzle and trigger discipline.

Then understanding firearms and ammunition anatomy, loading and unloading, demonstrating that it's clear, identifying the condition of the firearm (1-4), grip, sighting, and trigger press.

And dry firing for a day or two, before she is comfortable enough to step onto the live fire range.
    Ok, I can do that at my club. Get your post count to 10 so I can message you.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    OP, good to see others getting into firearms, but curious why she's going straight to the W&C course with never touching a gun? I'd get her out to the range and let her get comfortable with a gun before the class.

Ehh .
    No reason not to get the ball rolling from the start . The marksmanship aspect per se is anything but daunting . And still have time for additional skill building while waiting for App to be processed .

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I have no qualms about loaning a gun to a friend that I trust. If I won't loan you a gun I probably won't loan you a 10mm socket either.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I’ve got 4 guns on loan to various people right now. 3 handguns and a rifle.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Only Glock haters. Everyone else definitely needs a G44.
    If there is enough demand, there will be a .22 conversion for the VP9….

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom