• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    FPL53 said:
    I just did mine at the Frederick Law Mall (Sheriffs Office) just behind the MVA. Took about 20 minutes with three others there. They charged $54.50 and also stated 72 hrs from the scan to fill out the HQL application. They also said go straight through the application, do not let it time out.

Thanks for the update! I plan to get my HQL prints done there tomorrow.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I sure hope someones got video of Dumais (sp?) spouting off she found places that would do something like ~25 fingerprinting on the house floor last session and shove it in her face..

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    Soooooo, the "$50 HQL" is actually $100 plus depending on where you go for prints and if you need training (at least I am exempt from that).:sad20:

OweMalley math: you forgot to factor in the carbon monoxide tax (for driving your car to/from the place) and tire shlag tax (a sort of hazmat tax) for the rubber wearing off your tires and polluting the environment.

on a serious note, no fingerprinting facilities in st mary's county? so an old retired guy (not me) in st mary's county who no longer drives can't get prints done locally to get an HQL? infringing on his 2A rights? hmmmmm

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    OweMalley math: you forgot to factor in the carbon monoxide tax (for driving your car to/from the place) and tire shlag tax (a sort of hazmat tax) for the rubber wearing off your tires and polluting the environment.

on a serious note, no fingerprinting facilities in st mary's county? so an old retired guy (not me) in st mary's county who no longer drives can't get prints done locally to get an HQL? infringing on his 2A rights? hmmmmm

None in Cecil County either. The choice is either 150 mile round trip to Easton or 75 mile round trip plus $8.00 toll to Bel Air. Tough on us old guys you would think they would make accommodations for old folks in need of protection (I can't fight as good as I used to). Some of us are also computer challenged so that is yet another barrier to ownership.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Can someone recommend the best place to get the HQL fingerprints if you live in Cecil County? Looks like the closest place is Bel Air...

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    tvblogmad.png

So this will not be as efficient as getting a Utah carry permit? $50 is just for the application course,,, then a separate bureaucracy hunt for a E fingerprint. all this on top of signing an irrevocable right to a total mental orifice investigation?

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's

http://www.leiofmd.com/

Law Enforcement Institute of MD has a location in St. Mary's

Madcap

Everybody Loves Mad!
    Nov 5, 2013
    I had mine done in the Glenarden Police Dept. The lady there was extremely helpful. Got my HQL issued the day after. Total cost was $54.50

My understanding of the pricing system is that institutions will charge a set fee for the service of taking the fingerprints, which varies. In my case this was $20.00; however, another free for using the fingerprints for the HQL permit, which i don't believe the fingerprint service provider sets, will run an additional cost. In my case $34.50.

Last edited:
    Jan 14, 2008
    From the Frederick County Sherriffs office website...where I got mine, fast, friendly, hassle free.

Tuesday through Thursday from noon to 5:00 p.m. fingerprinting is provided as a walk-in service at the Frederick County Law Enforcement Center, 110 Airport Drive-East, Frederick, MD 21701. No appointment is required.
    What Citizens Need to Know

Citizens must present a valid, State issued identification card.
    The administrative fee for fingerprinting is $20.00 (+$34.50)
    Each person must pay for the type of background check they are requesting.
    Three forms of payment will be accepted; credit/debit card, personal check or money order made payable to the Frederick County Sheriff's Office.

For more information, call the Fingerprint Information Line at 301-600-4058.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom